Why didn't you go with the edge+?

mj0528

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about changing so just wondering what made you choose the note?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
They're essentially the same phone. It all comes down to whether you prefer the curved screen or the S Pen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about changing so just wondering what made you choose the note?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

It's essentially the same phone, but the Note5 has the S Pen and it is like $200-$300 cheaper. The S6 edge didn't make sense to me. It wasn't very functional, so the S6 edge+ makes even less sense. If the S6 edge+ was the upgraded version of the Note Edge from last year, I probably would have purchased it.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The S Pen has way more functionality to it then the edge. To me the whole edge thing is just too gimmicky!

Posted via the Android Central App

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Because it is a Note. Even without the SD card and removable battery. If you don't have a need for the spen get the edge.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
My original S6E all had issues with the images being distorted on the edges or discoloration along the edges. Went with the Note 5.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the S6 edge and the only thing that I liked was the edge contacts. The edge night clock stopped working and I did not use the other edge apps. I had no reason to upgrade to the edge plus. I like using the s-pen especially taking notes when the display is off.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The edge screen doesn't mean that much to me, but that's just me.

If i am going to have a 5.7 inch screen i might as well have the Spen, and samsung right now does that best.

If i was to buy the edge plus, i hate that i didn't get an Spen, not having the edged screen doesn't bother me.

Even if the edge plus had the Spen, i would have got the regular note5, again, because the edged screen just isn't for me.

(Now that I've said that next years note will be a combination note with double edge screen lol)

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the s6e and while it looked cool, it didn't have any added functionality. Add to it that sometimes things right at the edge is hard to select.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Lack of pen. I don't care about the SD card or the removable battery. Price had nothing to do with it either. I want the S Pen so I chose the Note 5

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
S pen is more valuable to me. The edge doesn't offer much, if it is like the s6 edge it's pretty much useless. The notifications on the edge are limited to your five favorites and have to use stock. Samsung should have given the edge same usability as they did on the note edge.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I wanted the spen and I wasn't crazy about having to have notifications on lock screen and the phone having to be upside down to work.

Last edited:

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The S pen is the biggest factor for me. I have to sign documents on the go all the time, and it just makes it easier on the road.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Sprint PCS

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Note 5 over the Edge came down to the Pen. The two phones are the same, except for the pen or curved class. The "cool" features the edge has are all software based and can be replicated with apps that will soon be created by fans. The pen features, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa