TeslaUnread not working?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Works on my note 5. Is it specific apps? Or all apps?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Something's happening. Mine doesn't work on the Samsung email app or the text app, but it works on the K9 shortcut.

No idea why.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
tesla for nova launcher right?
mine doesnt work eaither. wont tell me how many msg. wont even notify IF i have msg. i have to go based on notification bar but only shows text or email other apps i wont know until i open them

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
tesla for nova launcher right?
mine doesnt work eaither. wont tell me how many msg. wont even notify IF i have msg. i have to go based on notification bar but only shows text or email other apps i wont know until i open them

Have you tried going to settings, Lock screen and security, Other security settings, Notification access, make sure TeslaUnred is turned on.

mreilly07

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I had this same issue and this was the cause. Took me a bit to figure it out. Hopefully this helps!

I did a copy of my old Note 4 to my Note 5 using the Samsung Smart Switch app and it didn't copy over my Nova prime license. Once I installed that from app store my Tesla notifications started working.

Loving this Note 5!!

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was going directly into the teslaunread app and setting it up, forgot to go in to Nova sett8ngs and cut it on. SMH my bad. It's working now. Thanks guys.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am having this issue too. At first Hangouts counts showed up sometimes. Now gmail counts are working but no hangouts counts.
The new hangouts broke the count in tesla unread. You can roll back the hangouts to the original one in the phone and it will work. Also you would need to disable auto updates.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The new hangouts broke the count in tesla unread. You can roll back the hangouts to the original one in the phone and it will work. Also you would need to disable auto updates.

Thx for the reply. I do like the new hangouts. Hope that there is a fix coming soon for Tesla.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Found a work around using TeslaUnread. Disable the standard hangout notification, then turn on the notification bar watcher, then select hangouts there. Keep in mind this will watch the notification bar, so if you get 100 messages in one hangout, it will read as 100.

uploadfromtaptalk1441890384174.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441890393591.jpg