are you using lookout security on Note 5

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Are security apps like lookout really important on your phone?

And have any of you disabled lookout on your Note 5?

Posted via the Android Central App

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I disabled lookout and installed cm security instead. Having security on android phones seem to be a necessity these days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I disabled lookout and installed cm security instead. Having security on android phones seem to be a necessity these days.

OK thanks, because on my battery thing it said lookout was using over 10% so I was wanting to disagree it

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I got Lookout premier as part of T-mobile jump sign up. I have been using it without any issues with battery life. Also, it is great for protecting against naive thieves.

Osho

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I got Lookout premier as part of T-mobile jump sign up. I have been using it without any issues with battery life. Also, it is great for protecting against naive thieves.

Osho

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Cool thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it

Bkayrac

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Disabled lookout(as it's a paid app), and installed sophos on mine. Gets 100% on av-test.org and provides cloud scanning as part of it's scanning, so even new stuff has a better chance of getting caught.......Not that I really feel that It will ever catch anything, but.

Sophos is also 100% free, they only charge business/enterprise customers.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Disabled lookout(as it's a paid app), and installed sophos on mine. Gets 100% on av-test.org and provides cloud scanning as part of it's scanning, so even new stuff has a better chance of getting caught.......Not that I really feel that It will ever catch anything, but.

Sophos is also 100% free, they only charge business/enterprise customers.

Thanks for the 411

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've used all of them, all of them did what they said they would do. I've tossed it back and forth on whether or not they're worth having, as I am very careful as to what gets downloaded on my phone. I think really, the only reason I keep them, is to use the sim removal theft feature. Just last week, I started using Lookout, as I've always disabled it...but so far, I have no complaints....battery is, what it normally is for me..i'm always near a plug, so doesn't matter much.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used all of them, all of them did what they said they would do. I've tossed it back and forth on whether or not they're worth having, as I am very careful as to what gets downloaded on my phone. I think really, the only reason I keep them, is to use the sim removal theft feature. Just last week, I started using Lookout, as I've always disabled it...but so far, I have no complaints....battery is, what it normally is for me..i'm always near a plug, so doesn't matter much.

I use Wheres My Droid for that and the wipe features and mainly the phone find in my house lol. With the pro features, you can choose a loud ringtone you download, it will override a silent phone and ring for 10 minutes. There is also an ability to take pictures with both cameras if someone has your phone and an uninstall prevention, so a thief can't uninstall it.