Fast Charging Confusion!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Samsung provided fast charger wall plug in and cord to charge my Note 5 (and patiently waiting for the wirelessfast charging pads to be available).

Sometimes I plug it in to the wall and phone and it says, as an example, at 60% battery, " 2 hours to full charge" ....... clearly not fast charging!!

I take the cord out and reinsert the cord to the bottom of the phone, and then it says "fast charge to 100% in 57 minutes".. ?

Am I missing something here..... when I am using the Samsung provided fast plug and charge cord, why does it seem to go into regular charging mode, have to be unplugged, and then when plugged back in, it indicates fast charging???

Loving this phone!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Samsung provided fast charger wall plug in and cord to charge my Note 5 (and patiently waiting for the wirelessfast charging pads to be available).

Sometimes I plug it in to the wall and phone and it says, as an example, at 60% battery, " 2 hours to full charge" ....... clearly not fast charging!!

I take the cord out and reinsert the cord to the bottom of the phone, and then it says "fast charge to 100% in 57 minutes".. ?

Am I missing something here..... when I am using the Samsung provided fast plug and charge cord, why does it seem to go into regular charging mode, have to be unplugged, and then when plugged back in, it indicates fast charging???

Loving this phone!!!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm pretty sure that fast charging only happens when the device is between 0% to 50%. Meaning, if you are over 50% battery life then the device will not fast charge, even with the fast charger. If you are anywhere under 50%, the device will be fast charged up to 50%, at which point it will slow back down to normal once it reaches 50%.

Hopefully this answers the question. Take a look at the description specs on the right of this page: Adaptive Fast Charging Wall Charger (Detachable microUSB-USB Cable), White | Samsung Mobile

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that fast charging only happens when the device is between 0% to 50%. Meaning, if you are over 50% battery life then the device will not fast charge, even with the fast charger. If you are anywhere under 50%, the device will be fast charged up to 50%, at which point it will slow back down to normal once it reaches 50%.

Hopefully this answers the question. Take a look at the description specs on the right of this page: Adaptive Fast Charging Wall Charger (Detachable microUSB-USB Cable), White | Samsung Mobile
I've seen several people make this claim, but it's not true. Fast charge should work (and does, on mine) regardless of current battery percentage.

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
It will say fast charging even if it dies not. My s6 will say 1 hour if it is around 10% and a bit over a hour when it is around 50

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk