Another lost function?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
When sending a text in the stock app, Remember how in the 4 you could hover over the lil recipient icon and your most recent people would show up? You could just tap a name from the list. Not any more. Unless I'm doing something wrong or have to enable a setting or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I never knew my note4 would do that lol. I was just happy to have the priority list at the top!

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
hmm. I never knew it existed either, but I'm confused about the benefits of it anyway.

When you open messages, the list defaults to the most recent contacts, right? Is going to a new Text message, hovering, then selecting a recipient quicker than just clicking on the top contact in the Messages app when it opens?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I find it quicker to just go to the Contact and swipe to send them a message. Alternatively if you don't close previous messages to them, you can merely 'continue' the conversation...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Not when you're attaching from the gallery. You don't get top contacts when doing it that way.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
For instance, do a screen shot, share, tap to choose from an abc list or type name, ...

Used to be, do a screen shot, share, hoven pen and tap the recipient...

I'd just gotten used to doing it that way. Yes, there are always other ways of getting the job done, but the fact of the matter is, my fave way to do it is no longer available.

Still love my precious 5 though