New Note 5!

EricG2015

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone... new to the forum here so wanted to start out by saying I love my new Note 5. I am not new to android, having originally switched from iPhone about 4 yrs ago because I was over the closed mindedness and "proprietary" ways of Apple. With that said and despite some opinion I believe the Note 5 is the best phone out there (and I've had a lot of phones between personal and work provided). From its leading technology to its ergonomics it's all around an amazing device with more than enough power and features for my needs. Now, I do want to give my side and opinion on some other "disappointments" about the Note 5. First, I DID use the IR blaster/remote on my previous phones and liked it, I felt it was more of a selling gimmick or a "look what we can put in a phone" sorta thing and don't really care that it's not on the Note 5 at all honestly. As for the removable battery... I never had any use for that, not saying it was usless. After all I can see the benefits of carrying and extra battery around or having to replace it if it goes bad but personally, coming from someone who used a Note 2 and 3 for work daily all day long I never, nor any of my 9 field techs with the same phones, had ever needed to replace the battery so that's an insignificant feature to me. Also the SD card - well I did have one in my S3, used a 4 gig which was nice but it was not really needed to me. I understand that everyone has their needs and uses for their devices but these are my two cents and honestly haven't been more content and happy with the overall quality, beauty and performance of a phone/device/tablet.

Thanks! Looking forward to talking more with everyone.

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your phone.. It's a beast 4 sure.

Battery life is great on the 5 and you still have the option to use a SD card if you want to.. just externally.. so it's not as big a deal as the naysayers talk about. The IR blaster I never really had a use for on any of the phones I had before that had them in, but there will always be some who want these things and complain every chance they get about not having them.

In the end it's all about choice and if they choose not to get the 5, it's their loss.....

Enjoy your Note, I certainly enjoy mine....

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa