"K." How to get the Samsung keyboard to use "K." instead of "Know".

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
In the discussion below one of the reasons I was asking how to use the "double space to add a period" is that for some reason, when I type K and then hit the spacebar twice to enter a period; the keyboard wants to use the word "Know" instead of "K".

When I see the option to use K, I've tried clicking on the checkmark, as it looks like the checkmark sets that word or letter as the preferred one. But the next time I go to use the keyboard to respond to a text and want to use "K.", Know comes back. That then requires a backtrack on the keyboard.

I don't remember having to do this on the S3, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, and various iOS releases. What am I not doing right or missing in a setting so that I can get the "K." to work every time?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/602779-double-space-add-period.html

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: "K." How to get the Samsung keyboard to use "K." instead of "Know".

Check your prediction settings. If the space bar is set to always insert a prediction or to complete the current word, that's probably why K triggers KNOW.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I *ALWAYS* turn off auto correct and auto predict/insert on my phones.

If it wants to show predictions as I type, fine... but I have the final say on what words I type lol

Turn this off:

296a0b72fed5da5eef3deb886c292107.jpg

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I added a "Text shortcuts" for "K" to see if that will help. I have all of the features on as shown in the screenshot above. Ideally "Predictive text" will work after learning my typing. If not I'll have to try turning off "Auto replace".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress