S-Pen button - What can I do with it?

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: S-Pen button

Hi, what can I do with the S-Pen button beside activating the S-Pen menu and OCR? Is there any other function that I missed?
If you press and hold the s-pen button and double click on the screen you can open an action memo from any screen

cliqck23

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site

are u asking about OCR? OCR is Optical character recognition
meaning after u wrote something in ur s-notge, u can press ur spen, select ur hand writing, and it will turn into digital alphabets numbers.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

you can press the S pen button and drag it over text like a mouse to select text and then save, share, etc. the highlighted text. You can also use it like a mouse to select blocks of text and select images as well. Feature I really appreciate for work.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

you can press the S pen button and drag it over text like a mouse to select text and then save, share, etc. the highlighted text. You can also use it like a mouse to select blocks of text and select images as well. Feature I really appreciate for work.

Thank you. . Didn't know those things

Posted via the Android Central App

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

So, I'm pressing the button on my SPen to activate the Air Command menu, but the menu isn't coming up. I can get there with the floating icon, but not with the button. Am I missing something?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe its a setting? When I take the S-Pen out, I get the floating menu options, but after clicking on the screen with the S-Pen (makes the floating menu go away) I don't get the Air Command menu to appear by pressing the S-Pen button. I could be missing something, though.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Maybe its a setting? When I take the S-Pen out, I get the floating menu options, but after clicking on the screen with the S-Pen (makes the floating menu go away) I don't get the Air Command menu to appear by pressing the S-Pen button. I could be missing something, though.

Same here, but if it's a setting, I can't find it. Plenty of ways to bring up the menu, but I thought the button was supposed to do it, and mine doesn't.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Never mind. You have to be "hovering" over the screen (meaning very close to the screen) when you press the button.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I remember that "hovering" was the way with the older Notes. I can't get anything to happen after taking the S-Pen out and tapping on the screen. Tapping on the screen (and not selecting any of the floating menu icons that initially pop up when detaching the pen) afterward does nothing.

I looked in Settings\Phone\S-Pen, but didn't see an option to enable the menu to re-appear upon clicking the S-Pen button. Maybe I'm imagining stuff now or mixing up what the older Notes/S-Pens could do.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Pressing the button while hovering only brings up the menu if you don't have it set up to come up automatically when you pull the pen out. That's the way I have it set up, otherwise you just have the hovering pen button on screen to quickly pull it up.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Pressing the button while hovering only brings up the menu if you don't have it set up to come up automatically when you pull the pen out. That's the way I have it set up, otherwise you just have the hovering pen button on screen to quickly pull it up.

I may have been wrong, on mine, pressing the button while hovering will bring up the menu even when the floating icon is already there

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

No setting that I know of, just be sure you have the tip of the pen VERY close to the screen. You should see a tiny circular cursor under it when it's in range.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

Best feature i like is selecting the text and also selecting images in gallery. Just press the button and drag the pen and selects them all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

No setting that I know of, just be sure you have the tip of the pen VERY close to the screen. You should see a tiny circular cursor under it when it's in range.

That was it. I wasn't holding the S-Pen close enough. I need to use the S-Pen more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress