Note 5 trusted voice stopped working...

Atticus242

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

So I've had a Note5 for a few days now and I enabled trusted voice to unlock my screen by voice commands and it worked flawlessly the first few times but a little later on in the evening it just stopped working. Now it won't acknowledge anything I say when the screen is off and when it is on and I say a command it won't carry it out until I manually unlock the screen.

Any ideas/help?

Thx.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note5 trusted voice stopped working...

After you manually unlock it, does it work again? If so it might be a security feature... I know that location Smart Lock will require 'normal' authentication after a few hours if the device hasn't been unlocked.

If not, try re-setting up the Trusted Voice unlock. Have you added any apps that are 'always listening' recently, or activated Google Now always listening maybe? This might conflict with the microphone being used...

Atticus242

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

After you manually unlock it, does it work again? If so it might be a security feature... I know that location Smart Lock will require 'normal' authentication after a few hours if the device hasn't been unlocked.

If not, try re-setting up the Trusted Voice unlock. Have you added any apps that are 'always listening' recently, or activated Google Now always listening maybe? This might conflict with the microphone being used...

Hey thanks for your help. I rebooted it previously but after your post I thought I'll disable it, reboot it, and then enable it again. Seems to be working now.

Thanks.

Atticus242

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

So a disappointing update. The problem just keeps recurring. It works a couple times every time I do the fix I previously posted and then stops working. Grrr.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you have any Device Administrators active? Like corporate e-mail, perhaps? Sometimes those can disable these. Some AntiVirus apps are also known to cause issues with SmartLock.

WindowsPhoneKevin88

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

New member here. I am also having the same problem. I've reached out to Samsung yesterday on Twitter and all they told me to do was hard reboot. I did that and it worked for a few hourseconds, then went kaput. I have a funny feeling it's something to do with Smart Manager and how it randomly kills apps.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

New member here. I am also having the same problem. I've reached out to Samsung yesterday on Twitter and all they told me to do was hard reboot. I did that and it worked for a few hourseconds, then went kaput. I have a funny feeling it's something to do with Smart Manager and how it randomly kills apps.

Have you tried disabling Smart Manager for a while and see if that works?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well if it's a bug, hopefully it's been squashed in the Marshmallow update that will soon arrive for the Note 5 (It's already out in Cambodia, so it shouldn't be long before it rolls out to other regions and hopefully carriers won't take too long either).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member