Amazon App Update Issue

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
My Amazon apps (Kindle, Video, etc) will not update on my Note 5 since installing Marshmallow. The apps already on my phone work fine, it's just that they won't update, or if I uninstall them, they won't reinstall. It doesn't matter if the apps were downloaded from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore, or if I have sideloaded them. I have contacted Amazon twice asking if they were updating the apps to work with Marshmallow, and I always get that it is a known issue and should be fixed soon. On a positive note, the chat rep gave me a $5 credit to use because of this.

I already asked this question in the app forum, but people with other phones, such as the S7, don't seem to be having the same issue, so I am wondering if it is specific to certain phones, like the Note 5.

Is everyone else out there with a Note 5 still having Marshmallow compatibility issues too?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You must have the Audible App installed and active and updated to update the apps you are having issues updating.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You must have the Audible App installed and active and updated to update the apps you are having issues updating.

Wow! When I first saw your reply, I was wondering what in the world that had to do with it. I had Audible disabled, and I cannot believe that disabling that app screwed up the rest of my Amazon apps! I enabled Audible, and now every Amazon app is updating and installing like they should. Thank you!

iamkodak

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My Amazon apps (Kindle, Video, etc) will not update on my Note 5 since installing Marshmallow. The apps already on my phone work fine, it's just that they won't update, or if I uninstall them, they won't reinstall. It doesn't matter if the apps were downloaded from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore, or if I have sideloaded them. I have contacted Amazon twice asking if they were updating the apps to work with Marshmallow, and I always get that it is a known issue and should be fixed soon. On a positive note, the chat rep gave me a $5 credit to use because of this.

I already asked this question in the app forum, but people with other phones, such as the S7, don't seem to be having the same issue, so I am wondering if it is specific to certain phones, like the Note 5.

Is everyone else out there with a Note 5 still having Marshmallow compatibility issues too?

I too am facing this issue with my note 5(verizon) i thought it was my service provider but that seems to not be the case its either an marshmallow issue or has some to do with amazon not telling us some... i have waited over 2 months! to see if this issue would have been resolved! they are losing another customer... at leas u u got a $5 credit.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I too am facing this issue with my note 5(verizon) i thought it was my service provider but that seems to not be the case its either an marshmallow issue or has some to do with amazon not telling us some... i have waited over 2 months! to see if this issue would have been resolved! they are losing another customer... at leas u u got a $5 credit.

You have to have the Audible App installed, active, and up to date for any of the Amazon Apps to update. While Amazon didn't initially make that known it is now on their App Store site as I actually saw said notice the last time I was there to update an Amazon App.

unahhmean

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
wow! I needed to thank you. I successfully downloaded my amazon apps and underground apps on my Note 7 running marshmallow, and I was so frustrated. I cannot believe I needed to download the Amazon Audible for my Amazon Video to update and install. That was so helpful, they should really let more android users be aware of that. Who would ever think Audible is necessary for app updates and installation? thanks a ton! this needed to be bumped!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non