Seemingly random new problems: Bottom buttons don't work, USB Not Recognized Slowed sound

JWS1105

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
So when I woke up today I had ton of new seemingly unrelated problem all pop up at the same time. I have already tried factory resetting and clearing the cache and so far nothing has worked. I don't have a clue what could have caused this because the phone was just sitting on my end table all night and none of these problems where there before I went to bed.

First thing I noticed was the soft buttons on the bottom doesn't work with my fingers but will work with the s pen. Anything in the screen area works fine though. The home button also works fine. Second thing I noticed was now often sound now sounds super deep when playing but is kinda random. Finally the USB isn't recognized from my computer but it is still sending power and charging the battery.

This one is beyond me. I'm assuming the problem is something toward the bottom of the phone failed and is all wired together causing this problem. My only guess could be that the audio DAC, the digitzer for the soft buttons are wired together and the usb data connection are wired together and something there failed. As much as I love having the nice big screen I regret switching from HTC to Samsung and will likely never buy another Samsung. This phone has been nothing but problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree that it sounds like a hardware issue. But to be sure, try booting into Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216. This is still worth doing even if you've done a factory reset, because apps usually automatically reinstall from Google Play after the reset, and if one of those apps is causing the problem, you'd still experience it after the reset.

Another thing to try is to reinstall the firmware using Samsung Smart Switch, since the firmware might have become corrupt.