From Note 5 to Note 8

Coconut8469

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Who is planning to spike the Note 7and go to the next Note 8 (if it's called that)? With all that is going on with the Note 7, I'm planning to do this. After all the 7 is a "hot commodity" at the moment!!

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm either going to buy the Note 8, assuming it does not have a curved edge screen. Or an S9... same... no edge screen.

If edge is all Samsung is going to do, I might jump ship entirely.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
While I like my Note 5's large flat display for functionality reasons I love the way my S7edge feels in my admittingly small hands with its slightly narrower body. The curved display is kinda cool looking too but I prefer the flat display for a phone like the Note for interacting with the device. I'm not sure the curved edge display really brings much to the table besides differentiating Samsung's phones and that could, could be it's main purpose. I do know IME that tempered glass screen protection works better on flat displays. Though it looks dramatic on the S7e:

20161014_155126.jpg

I have a feeling Samsung is going to keep some kind of "edge" thing going in future Notes but we shall see. I do think the Note 8 is going to be one heck of a device because Sammy knows the pressure is on.

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The edged portion of the Note 7 was great. The side panel allowed me to put my important apps there and not clutter my home screen. I also enjoyed the notifications on the edge portion while my phone wasmoff. With the edge screen, the Note 7 felt so much better.

I switched back to the Note 5 after I had too because I love the Note series and couldn't convince myself that, although the s7 edge was basically a note 7 with no s pen, it was too small.

Now the curved portion did cause people to complain that the screen broke too easily because it fell off of something that was only 3 feet high, I never put myself in those situations because afterall, I did spend $1000 on it.

If Samsung offers the Note 8 with edge in Onyx Black, then I will switch easily, if not, the flat screen note 8 would have to offer something amazing for me to switch.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I liked the style of the Note7 and how comfortable it was to hold. It was better than the edge 7 because not overly curved. I am not a Dan of edge 7 or the S7 I prefer the Note series, therefore traded for Note 5 . I will be keeping this one for awhile. It's Snappy no lag. Like a lot

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My plan is to enjoy my (New to me) Note 5 and get the Next S-pen enabled device when it comes out. I miss the N7 because it was an awesome device with some really great features & style. We can only hope the next Note will be a great successor. (I did like the slight edge, and enjoyed the way cases fit around it)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I was going to upgrade my Note 5 to the 7 in December until they stopped production of it. But I'm probably going with the S8 if the Note 8 is not going to be released until August of next year. I upgrade my phone every year so August is just too long to wait for me to upgrade.

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
My plan is to enjoy my (New to me) Note 5 and get the Next S-pen enabled device when it comes out. I miss the N7 because it was an awesome device with some really great features & style. We can only hope the next Note will be a great successor. (I did like the slight edge, and enjoyed the way cases fit around it)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Same here, got scarred of the Note 5 in the beggining and went with the S6 instead. I own Note 5 at the moment, love the edgy edges. Love my I-blades case that callmed me down while waiting for the Note 8.