Does the Note 5 have Double Tap to wake the screen

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

One thing I miss from my BlackBerry Priv is the Double Tap on the screen to wake the screen.

Does the Note 5 have a setting to be able to do this in MM OS? I get tired of pressing the button at the bottom all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of...
And as far as I know, an app to replicate this functionality would just cause wakelocks basically killing your battery life.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

One thing I miss from my BlackBerry Priv is the Double Tap on the screen to wake the screen.

Does the Note 5 have a setting to be able to do this in MM OS? I get tired of pressing the button at the bottom all the time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Until I just read this post I thought that was a feature exclusive to LG. Guess I just learned something. My household has gone through several different Samsung devices including the Note 5 and none of them have had that feature.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
the only thing I found is you can set it to use the sensor to wave your hand over it and it will wake the screen.

I wonder why the heck it does not since the Priv can do it i guess BB has always had some nice features that others dont!

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Even OP3 and nexus 5x supports it natively. On Note 5 you can install nova launcher and enable that gesture.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Even OP3 and nexus 5x supports it natively. On Note 5 you can install nova launcher and enable that gesture.

Nova can lock your screen with double tap, not the other way around...It can't wake screen.

Also, fingerprint won't work for unlocking if you enable double tap to lock screen...That's why I stopped using it.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I don't get it. How is double tapping on the screen any easier/better than tapping the Home button that is just a couple mm below the screen?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I don't get it. How is double tapping on the screen any easier/better than tapping the Home button that is just a couple mm below the screen?
I found it to be a negative, if I put my phone in my shirt pocket with the screen facing my chest, for protection, it could turn on and each chest tap started to select apps from the screen. I like the home button my screen doesn't accidentally turn on.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used Gravity Screen on my notes 4,5,7.& 5 gain. I love it. Hardly ever use the bottom button. Close my case cover or put in my pocket it goes off. Pull it out, it turns on and swipe or use finger print. It's like waving your hand over the sensor. You can set up so if you lay it down it goes off, pick it up and on. It takes some experimenting to get it the way you want, but when you do, it's great.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well it does not just turn the screen on you double tap the screen and there you go your in action.

I get tired if pressing the button. I guess you Never have had a BlackBerry and enjoyed that feature and yes it was on the Priv running MM

The OS has a setting to use the wave your hand over the sensor and it will wake but using your finger to tap is so fricking sweet and easy

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have used Gravity Screen on my notes 4,5,7.& 5 gain. I love it. Hardly ever use the bottom button. Close my case cover or put in my pocket it goes off. Pull it out, it turns on and swipe or use finger print. It's like waving your hand over the sensor. You can set up so if you lay it down it goes off, pick it up and on. It takes some experimenting to get it the way you want, but when you do, it's great.

I just loaded this app and its pretty cool this might be what i was looking for, thanks

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site

Is it this one you 're using ?

2017-01-20_14-05-56.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress