From a note 5 to?

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
While I'm happy with my 64 gb note 5 and it is still a wonderful phone, I am always on the lookout for the next thing. However Samsung seems to be on a 100% edge flagship phone kick. I have no use or notion to own a phone with an exposed edge glass screen while even in a "heavy duty" case. But now that Samsung pay is available with my gear s3 through other Android phones, I don't think my next flagship phone will be a Samsung. And I don't want to settle with a phone with less specifications just to get a flat screen phone. Am I alone?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
While I'm happy with my 64 gb note 5 and it is still a wonderful phone, I am always on the lookout for the next thing. However Samsung seems to be on a 100% edge flagship phone kick. I have no use or notion to own a phone with an exposed edge glass screen while even in a "heavy duty" case. But now that Samsung pay is available with my gear s3 through other Android phones, I don't think my next flagship phone will be a Samsung. And I don't want to settle with a phone with less specifications just to get a flat screen phone. Am I alone?
Then your best bet is to stay with the note 5. A very good phone. Better than most coming out. It's even going to get Nougat. I love mine also and only complaint is OK battery life.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Agree that the Note 5 64GB is a great smartphone overall. I am looking forward to see what the S8 series offers. That may give us an indication about the Note 8 form factor and features.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Then your best bet is to stay with the note 5. A very good phone. Better than most coming out. It's even going to get Nougat. I love mine also and only complaint is OK battery life.
I totally agree. I was just about to pull the trigger on a note 7. But the note 5 had all the features I wanted, and I found a mint 64gb on ebay for $350. So I kind of sidestepped that whole note 7 issue. It has been a great phone and I have a fast wireless charger at work so battery has not been an issue.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If a phone is doing all that you need it to do, and doing it well, aside from the feeling of a new phone, if you wait longer, you'll get the later version of the next in line greatest phone that's even newer and packed with more features. 😉

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
If a phone is doing all that you need it to do, and doing it well, aside from the feeling of a new phone, if you wait longer, you'll get the later version of the next in line greatest phone that's even newer and packed with more features. ??????

I will wait and see how android nougat do to this N5 , Might keep it for awhile befoe I move on to N8 "If available" ...

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I agree, staying with the Note 5 would work very well or till the next Note iteration. There's always the Mate 9 or V20. I'm a big fan of the Mate 9 for a couple hundred less but there are different reasons to choose one of those phones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Have you considered looking at the Mate 9? It's a phablet phone so it'll be similar in size to your Note. I've heard great things about it and its specs are really good! :)

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, staying with the Note 5 would work very well or till the next Note iteration. There's always the Mate 9 or V20. I'm a big fan of the Mate 9 for a couple hundred less but there are different reasons to choose one of those phones.

Agreed. If you need the Note for it's NOTE capabilities, there really isn't anything else out there. And the Note 5 is still a very capable device.

I have Jump! on my line, but I'm still going to consider an upgrade to the Note 8 depending on how much better it is. The 5 is pretty hard to beat, especially if they add a lot of the software tweaks the Note 7 had.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a Note 5 and now am using an LG V20-love this phone. I also got an S7 off Amazon that's due to deliver today. Figuring on keeping these until the new Note comes out-will see. The V20 is on Jump on Demand and I believe the next jump is available to me this early fall

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. If you need the Note for it's NOTE capabilities, there really isn't anything else out there. And the Note 5 is still a very capable device.

I have Jump! on my line, but I'm still going to consider an upgrade to the Note 8 depending on how much better it is. The 5 is pretty hard to beat, especially if they add a lot of the software tweaks the Note 7 had.
Do you know of what software from the Note 7 will be on the Note 5? We are do to get Nougat soon. I say soon but who really knows when.

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I am waiting for the Note 8, as my next choice, but I am not going to buy it immediately. I owned an S6 but decided to switch to phablet, like the bigger screen still haven't used to using the S-pen. I will wait and see initial reviews, tests etc. Unti then I am very happy with the Note 5. I "resolved" the main battery and memory issues with an I-blades phone case. I was tempted by the Pixel but Samsung is Samsung. All the crazyiness around the Note 8 is killing me.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got the 5 a few months ago via an insurance replacement for a 4. So it's still new and new to me. I love the SPen but the lack of sd card was making me not consider this if I were buying it new.

I really like the G6 but I wonder if I'll miss the SPen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty