How can I undo the new update on my Note 5?

Amyy17

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I can literally feel your pain here people zzzzz. I hate the fact that the background makes it so hard for me to read the notifications with the small *** fonts. And one more thing. I MOST OF ALL TOP OF THE WORLD HATE THAT THE FLASH NOTIFICATION IS NOW FOR ALL NOTIFICATIONS AND NOT ONLY FOR SMS AND INCOMING CALLS. Before this, it used to only be for sms notification and incoming calls. I don't want to turn the setting off cause it's easier for me to notice incoming smses with it. BUT NOT NOW THAT ITS FOR FACEBOOK, WHATSAPP, TWITTER, GMAIL AND EVERYTHING ELSE. I keep having to pick my phone up to see if its from sms or some other apps. Omg i hate it.

Ps; if anyone knows how to customisingly adjust the settings for flash notification only for sms and incoming LIKE HOW IT USED TO BE, please, i urge u to come forward and help me with it.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Amyy17

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Though i'd like to add that everything else about the update is nice. So well the only problem i have now is about the flash notification.

b.grdner

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
What is flash notification?

Flash notifications are new reels. You can turn those off my longpressing on the home screen and the flash notification screen will be on the left and you can uncheck in. Also, go into settings and search for "Flash" and you can disable it in there.

bjzarei

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
My new android version is 7 and I don't like it because:
1-My phone is a little slow in comparison to previous version.
2- The keyboard has changed, it's slow! When I type at my speed the result is full of mistakes. I've the same manner with the same phone! The update changed it into current conditions.
3- my native language is Persian, it's dictionary coming to help typing is a complete failure. Understand nothing!
4- as others said, there is a change in appearance that's not what I'm used to. I want my phone back!
I'm really unsatisfied with forcible update changes. Appearance has changed only to reduce the phone speed! It's a complete failure comparing to previous version.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The phone will often run a bit slower the first few days after an update because the device is still settling. The software must in some ways reconfigure itself, recompile its data, and reestablish all of its links with other apps. The phone is working pretty hard, which is why it seems that battery life takes a temporary nosedive the first few days. Your apps may appear to run slowly as well. Some may need to be updated themselves.

Often, the fix for most of the issues that come with a major update is to perform the factory data reset. That will wipe the device and make it like it just came from the box, except that it has the most recent firmware. Set it up like a new phone and give it a chance.

If you want to make your device look like it did on Android 6, try a third party launcher. You can change your wallpaper, parts of the lock screen, display fonts, icons, the app drawers, home screens, etc. You can make it look like how you want, and save the layout. The next time your phone updates, or you buy a new phone, you can apply the saved layout and all will be as you saved it, even on another device. There are a lot of good ones in the Play Store. Three of the best are Nova Launcher, Action Launcher, Google Launcher. All of them are free, but you can buy a pro version of Nova Launcher and Action Launcher that adds features. The Google Launcher is going to be very similar to what you'd get with "pure" Android (what you'd find on a Pixel or a Moto device). Try them out and buy the one you like -- they're less than $5. You won't be disappointed.

The other thing you can do to change the appearance is to load themes. You're probably limited to loading themes from the Samsung Galaxy Apps app on your phone. But you can change wallpapers, menu colors and fonts, etc. Again, customizing is the key here. Use a theme with a custom launcher and get the best of both.