Anyone going naked on the screen?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm reading on here that with Gorilla Glass 5 some are going to not use screen protectors or rip the built in ones out and go naked.

Remember the S7 screen and how they are scratching easily. Do you really trust using no protection?

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I usually go without protection. . No case or screen. Although I have the s7e and it's scratched but because of my stupidity. Could have been avoided. I'll do the same with the n7

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I really want a tempered glass, but all the ones out right now don't impress me. Especially with the price tags. Most of them only stick to the screen on the edges, plus most cases could potentionally lift the screen cover. Still waiting till a little closer to release to choose my screen cover.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I usually have screen protectors on all my phones, however since i took off the one on my Note 4 (too rubbery when using the s pen), i've been going naked for over a year, and I have 0 scratches on my screen. Then again, i always rock a wallet case with a button closure, as opposed to metallic clasp.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
S7 Edge had one for a while but I hated how they peeled up at the edge, and the glass ones weren't very good either. With a wallet case and no protector I have been fine on the Edge and plan on going that route on my Note as well.

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I will be. I haven't ever used a screen protector on a phone.

I plan to as well. I quit using screen protectors a few years ago and have never once looked back or regretted it. I've honestly been kind of surprised by the amount of hype/chatter on these boards about screen protection.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont plan on a screen protector.

I will prob get a speck candyshell grip to carry the phone in.

The only way i would wind up with a screen protector is if i eventually get an otterbox defender, since it comes with one.

I dont worry so much about scratches on the screen, im very careful w my phones and havent had a scratch in years.

Posted via the Android Central App

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've gone to a Zagg dealer at the mall near me for my last 4 phones and plan on doing so again with the Now 7.

They apply it and I'm good to go. Had a couple of issues before with a bubble or two after a few months on one of my phones and went back to them.

They simply reapplied a new one which would normally be for a minimal fee but the guy did it for free for moi

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I dont plan on a screen protector.

I will prob get a speck candyshell grip to carry the phone in.

The only way i would wind up with a screen protector is if i eventually get an otterbox defender, since it comes with one.

I dont worry so much about scratches on the screen, im very careful w my phones and havent had a scratch in years.

Posted via the Android Central App

Btw with the Note 7 Defender, it's not like the other Defenders. The screen protector isn't flimsy and built into the shell. This time it appears to be a hard piece of clear plastic the snaps into the back side of the shell. Meaning it will be similar to the hard curved glass adhesive tempered glass that only seals on the edges. I posted a link to the Amazon page for it. the good thing might be since it is hard plastic it won't have air gaps in it and since it snaps in hopefully it will keep dirt out better so you don't have to keep taking it apart!

I got a supcase coming today to hold me off just in case the phone ships early since the Defender likely won't be in the store yet. It does NOT have a built in protector. It's similar to the S7 Edge Supcase so hopefully I don't scratch my screen. Hopefully it protects my phone enough until the Defender comes out.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Btw with the Note 7 Defender, it's not like the other Defenders. The screen protector isn't flimsy and built into the shell. This time it appears to be a hard piece of clear plastic the snaps into the back side of the shell. Meaning it will be similar to the hard curved glass adhesive tempered glass that only seals on the edges. I posted a link to the Amazon page for it. the good thing might be since it is hard plastic it won't have air gaps in it and since it snaps in hopefully it will keep dirt out better so you don't have to keep taking it apart!

I got a supcase coming today to hold me off just in case the phone ships early since the Defender likely won't be in the store yet. It does NOT have a built in protector. It's similar to the S7 Edge Supcase so hopefully I don't scratch my screen. Hopefully it protects my phone enough until the Defender comes out.

It would be nice if this turned out to be tempered glass. :p

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am undecided about a screen protector for the Note 7 I ordered. With my last two phones I've had screen protectors. First the plastic film versions that are prone to bubbles and dust, and later a Unicorn Beetle case that has one built into the front part of the case. I try to keep the phone in a pocket with nothing else but a handkerchief, yet some how it ended up getting a slightly brighter long streak in the center vertically going down and some smaller ones in other spots on the screen, so something somehow scratched it (I'm guessing its just on the protective film and not the phone screen itself). Given that experience, and wondering if the s-pen will not work well with a screen protector on I'm not sure if I want or should get one for the Note 7.

Anyone find the idea of putting glass on glass weird or funny? Gorilla Glass 5 with tempered glass on top of it? Will the S-pen and touch features still function well, and will the screen still appear clear and vibrant when looking through two layers of glass?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep never use screen protection. Seems silly to me and counter productive. It's like putting glass on my windows so that they wont get dirty or scratched...

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
While waiting for my S7E screen protector, it fell out of my pocket. Thankfully the screen wasn't scratched, but the home button was. With that said, I'm getting a screen protector.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd go without because my phones are well cared for, but if you want to resell your device, people pay more for units that were protected. I'm really concerned about where the screen curves because that's where the worst wear is gong to show up. Microscratches will eventually make the screen look hazy in that area,Gorilla glass or not. You can at least replace a screen protector...

Poke Jitsoo

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I'd go without because my phones are well cared for, but if you want to resell your device, people pay more for units that were protected. I'm really concerned about where the screen curves because that's where the worst wear is gong to show up. Microscratches will eventually make the screen look hazy in that area,Gorilla glass or not. You can at least replace a screen protector...

Yeah, definitely reselling. All my phones sell well because they are well protected. He glass is stretch resistant, not scratch proof. Even fine grit in the pocket over time will microscratch a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87