Target Note 7 Recall Thread

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I posted in a different thread on a similar topic. I bought two phones from Costco and Verizon customer care told me to go to a Verizon corporate store to get them exchanged. Despite having the notes in my account indicating as such, the store flat out refused, even after talking to the customer care rep on the phone. I had to elevate to Verizon Executive support and finally got it worked out.

My question is, how did the Verizon store process the exchange? The store I went to said there was absolutely no way for them to do it. Which doesn't make any sense to me at all.

He said they just did a return for $899 and a new buy for $899. He also said it wouldn't change my down payment or contract start date. He said it was easier this way and really only took a few minutes. I also got a call from someone at verizon today to tell me to go to the corporate store and exchange it if I haven't already.

Themonkey88

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
anyone know how to contact verizon executive support?

this is ridiculous

You can email any Verizon executive and it will go to the executive support team (just do an internet search for one). However, the executive rep I spoke with confirmed that everyone should go through their original place of purchase. I believe the only reason the rep resolved my issue was because customer care told me to go to a corp store and the ensuing experience at said store was less than desirable. Just my thought though.

satooty

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Well, I just went to my local target to try to exchange the phone. The mobile rep said I would have to return the phone and the gift card I got for purchasing it. I told her I don't want to return it, I just want to exchange it, but she insisted I would have to return the gift card and I would not get another one.

I finally went to customer service to find out that she was saying that because they don't have any Note 7s to exchange it for. She was trying to process it as a return! Ugh. That's the last time I use Target mobile for anything. I can only hope they get some replacement phones in my area soon.

jkanche88

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I walked into an ATT corporate store on Monday and they took my phone back without any questions (I got mine at target as well). The manager at the store was able to do upgrade reversal and give me the new Note 7. They also refunded me the taxes that i paid to target :)

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
i chatted with samsung rep online and they stated they would submit a ticket with verizon/target for me

their chat is on the bottom of this page (Official Samsung Support)

I tried this. Sounds like empty promises and stalling. We shall see.

Vijaya P: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
You: Hello, I have a note 7 that I purchased at target. I need to get a replacement / exchange due to the recall, however the target that I purchased from doesn't know when they are getting the replacements in. Is there any way I can exchange my phone through samsung directly or my carrier verizon?
Vijaya P: May I know the place of purchase of the device?
You: Target
Vijaya P: Have you contacted place of purchase in order to replace the device.
You: Yes, they told me they do not have it in stock to replace mine
Vijaya P: I will forward this concern to my higher officials and regarding this. Please let me capture some details regarding your contact information & device.
Vijaya P: I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All Carriers/Retailers will be able to take care of your exchange regardless of the condition of your S7Note device.
Vijaya P: Thank you for the details.
Vijaya P: Due to the long wait time, I am going to take the information you have provided and we will send this to your Carrier/Retailer on your behalf
Vijaya P: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation.
Vijaya P: They will help you for sure in replacing the device.
You: How will they help me if they do not have any in stock?
Vijaya P: \As I am escalating the issue.
Vijaya P: Samsung will contact the store with your details.
Vijaya P: So the store will replace your device for surely.
You: How will they replace it when they do not have any to replace it with
Vijaya P: Samsung will help the store with the stock.
You: So samsung will get that store to have stock within 24 hours?
Vijaya P: Yes
You: Is that a guarantee ?
Vijaya P: Please contact the store after 24 hours they will help you for sure.
You: so that's not a guarantee that I will get my phone replaced after 24 hours? Which will be 2 days after Samsung said all retailers will have replacements no later than Sept. 21.
Vijaya P: As samsung is contacting the store on behalf of you, Samsung will surely help you in replacing the device.
You: So Samsung will make sure that Target has my replacement phone tomorrow?
Vijaya P: If you experience any issue in replacing the phone after 24 hours please get back to us.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Vijaya P: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
You: Hello, I have a note 7 that I purchased at target. I need to get a replacement / exchange due to the recall, however the target that I purchased from doesn't know when they are getting the replacements in. Is there any way I can exchange my phone through samsung directly or my carrier verizon?
Vijaya P: I will forward this concern to my higher officials and regarding this. Please let me capture some details regarding your contact information & device.
Vijaya P: I am very sorry for the inconvenience. All Carriers/Retailers will be able to take care of your exchange regardless of the condition of your S7Note device.
Vijaya P: Due to the long wait time, I am going to take the information you have provided and we will send this to your Carrier/Retailer on your behalf
Vijaya P: Please allow 24hrs and then you can reach out to your Carrier/Retailer for confirmation.
You: so that's not a guarantee that I will get my phone replaced after 24 hours? Which will be 2 days after Samsung said all retailers will have replacements no later than Sept. 21.
Vijaya P: As samsung is contacting the store on behalf of you, Samsung will surely help you in replacing the device.
Vijaya P: If you experience any issue in replacing the phone after 24 hours please get back to us.

i got them to give me the ticket number and stated i could contact verizon tomorrow

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just now starting this process. Target said that they don't have the new n7s and don't know if or when they'll get them. They referred me to Samsung for the exchange. Just finished a chat with Samsung. I now have a ticket and Samsung is sending my Target a phone for me. I should contact Target in 24 hrs to make sure they have the phone before I go in. I'll give them through Monday, at which time if Target doesn't have the phone, I'll go into my Verizon Corp store with my chat record and do everything I can to walk out with the exchange. Wish me luck.

bhop42

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just now starting this process. Target said that they don't have the new n7s and don't know if or when they'll get them. They referred me to Samsung for the exchange. Just finished a chat with Samsung. I now have a ticket and Samsung is sending my Target a phone for me. I should contact Target in 24 hrs to make sure they have the phone before I go in. I'll give them through Monday, at which time if Target doesn't have the phone, I'll go into my Verizon Corp store with my chat record and do everything I can to walk out with the exchange. Wish me luck.

I would just return it for a full refund, go to Verizon and buy it, then submit your receipt to Samsung for another a VR headset or SD card. That's what I did plus the pricing for a new 2yr contract is $299 vs $399 at Target.

Corey Watford

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday.
Finally got my replacement, purchased at Target originally, went down to At&t Store, they called up Target saw they had none in stock, walked out less than 30 with new phone. Also got to keep accessories.

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
One of the Targets near us said they're supposed to get them by some time Monday. I may also try to go the Samsung chat route since I'm not confident in Target.

kls629

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon and samsung told me today that they are sending them to target today. By next week they should have stock

verizon also offered me to purchase the phone in a store after i did a full refund at target (i am assuming the refund would be a gift card since i did the trade in deal)

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Update: Contacted my Target 24 hours later. They have no Note replacements still, and no special overnighted one for me.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday.
Finally got my replacement, purchased at Target originally, went down to At&t Store, they called up Target saw they had none in stock, walked out less than 30 with new phone. Also got to keep accessories.

Do you know how they processed your return? My att store could not find my phones in their system to process the exchange since it was originally purchased at Target

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Joined to commiserate with you all. I also bought my Note 7 from Target and have heard nothing. They weren't cooperative about a temp phone before the replacements and now they've had no replacements come in all week, let alone by the 21st when they were supposed to have them. They have no idea when they're supposed to be getting them. Verizon has been equally unhelpful. The main customer service number said to exchange it at a local store, then the local store said they can't take in someone else's inventory. So now I'm stuck and waiting on something to give.

bothee

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After no info about a replacement at Target I went to my local Verizon store expecting nothing to happen, they said they have had so many exchanges they have to set up appointments for the return process. Started telling the guy "I know I have to return it to Target but they don't have any replacements..." and he cut me off with "But it's still Verizon, right? Then you're fine". And he scheduled me an appointment to do a replacement there tomorrow.

I'm expecting to still be turned away but hey, ill give it a shot tomorrow and report back.