Should I wait for the note 7?

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
First, I have seen other threads but this is personal to my needs.

So my LG G5 has broken from a pressure crack. Never have I had a phone break so easily ( don't even know how the crack even happened so I assume build quality),so Instead of getting a new one I will be switching to Samsung. Now my phone is almost completely unusable but still able to function but with great difficulty.

I really want to wait for the note 7 as I prefer to have usb type c and better upgrades but recent leaks make it seem like it has little advantage over the s7 edge. So I'm not sure if I should keep holding out for a disappointing phone while have an almost unusable phone for a whole month. Was thinking maybe getting a cheap phone while I wait but each day I feel like maybe I should just get the s7 edge.

So what should I do? Wait for the phone I want but not sure if it is what I want or get a new phone now? Sorry for the long first post.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you can find another phone to use for a month, I would wait. And if the new Note is not all it's cracked up to be, then you can go with the S7 and it might even come down in price a bit by then.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Unless you want the spen, I'd probably go for the S7 edge if your phone is pretty much unusable. I was gonna get a Note 7, but it doesn't seem like it's going to have any advantage over the S7 edge. Of course, the rumors could be wrong. But they usually aren't far off.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung edge 7 shouldn't be compared to the Note series . The Note series does have more capabilities and features. Coming from a Note I can't downgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I posted in the other section but it looks like I will wait. I really want the note especially for the usb type c. Hoping some recent "leaks" aren't entirely.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Samsung edge 7 shouldn't be compared to the Note series . The Note series does have more capabilities and features. Coming from a Note I can't downgrade.

Actually it can be compared, especially if there's no flat version. The main difference these days is just the spen. Now if you need that, yeah it's no comparison. I think the spen would be cool to have but I'm not convinced I'll use it enough to get a phone that could end up having worse battery life than my S7e. The only substantial improvement I see is the storage. Now if it ends up having a 4k mah battery, I could see it as an upgrade. USB C could be considered an upgrade but only if it's version 3.0 or higher. I've just been disappointed with what I've seen. Usually Notes are beasts. I'll probably be waiting for the S8e

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It can't be compared in my opinion. It will have more features and benefits than the S7 series. Note series is their best

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It can't be compared in my opinion. It will have more features and benefits than the S7 series. Note series is their best

You keep saying more features and benefits. What features and benefits will it have that the S7 series doesn't other than the spen? I'm just curious.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You keep saying more features and benefits. What features and benefits will it have that the S7 series doesn't other than the spen? I'm just curious.

That's not an easy question to answer. We still don't know if the Note 7 will come with an 820, 821, or 823 SoC. Second, we don't know if it will launch with Android 7.0 or 6.0.1. Additionally, the RAM hasn't been confirmed (reports claim that the Note 7 will come with 4 GB RAM or 6 GB RAM). Then there is the issue with the battery. We might see a 3,600 mAh or 4,000 mAh battery.

If the high-end specs turn out to be true, the answer is obvious. More RAM will offer longer on time between charges. TouchWiz is supposed to be toned down too.

But to answer your question to the best of my ability, the answer is I don't know. The leaks have been very unreliable. Therefore without knowing the true specs, it's impossible to fairly match it against the S7. Fortunately it will be a short wait.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That's not an easy question to answer. We still don't know if the Note 7 will come with an 820, 821, or 823 SoC. Second, we don't know if it will launch with Android 7.0 or 6.0.1. Additionally, the RAM hasn't been confirmed (reports claim that the Note 7 will come with 4 GB RAM or 6 GB RAM). Then there is the issue with the battery. We might see a 3,600 mAh or 4,000 mAh battery.

If the high-end specs turn out to be true, the answer is obvious. More RAM will offer longer on time between charges. TouchWiz is supposed to be toned down too.

But to answer your question to the best of my ability, the answer is I don't know. The leaks have been very unreliable. Therefore without knowing the true specs, it's impossible to fairly match it against the S7. Fortunately it will be a short wait.

More ram will not make the battery last longer. It will likely decrease battery life because it will require more power. Also, even with 6gb, it takes more ram for the features to run on a Note so we likely won't see any real benefit. I want the Note 7 to be great because I'd like an excuse to upgrade lol, but all the rumors sound like it's gonna have about the same performance as the S7e and quite possibly worse battery life. I guess we shall see soon, but I'm not very optimistic. Thanks for answering. I was hoping that I was missing some key features that it was supposed to come with.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
First, I have seen other threads but this is personal to my needs.

So my LG G5 has broken from a pressure crack. Never have I had a phone break so easily ( don't even know how the crack even happened so I assume build quality),so Instead of getting a new one I will be switching to Samsung. Now my phone is almost completely unusable but still able to function but with great difficulty.

I really want to wait for the note 7 as I prefer to have usb type c and better upgrades but recent leaks make it seem like it has little advantage over the s7 edge. So I'm not sure if I should keep holding out for a disappointing phone while have an almost unusable phone for a whole month. Was thinking maybe getting a cheap phone while I wait but each day I feel like maybe I should just get the s7 edge.

So what should I do? Wait for the phone I want but not sure if it is what I want or get a new phone now? Sorry for the long first post.

Hello. Hopefully my answer can be of some use to you. All there is in the ether is rumors, nothing confirmed. So I wouldn't go by leaks or rumors. I would wait so you can see for yourself. I've seen several phones that I've waited for over the years and places have gotten things wrong because the rumor mill changes things everyday.

With that said, I have a Note 5, it wasn't all that great compared to my Note 4 as far as battery life was concerned. That phone was just a beast. But as far as other changes, it was a very nice upgrade, so I'm hoping that the Note 7 is going to rectify everything they got wrong with the Note 5. One thing for sure it seems is that the SD card slot is back. If you have a bomb battery (and/or an optimized OS), I don't care about removable batteries myself. So the only other thing I'd loved to see back and be surprised by is the inclusion of the IR blaster. I used that thing daily. But I know that the chances are super slim. Hopefully this provided you with some insight.

Malek J

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

The note 7 is going to have a bigger form factor which might be a problem for some user. The Snapdragon 821 isn't a big jump from the 820. It will have the same gpu just a slightly over clocked cpu. The s pen is the star of the show. The battery is going to be the same size as the s7 edge. So all in all people ditching the s7 will only make sense if they really need the s pen otherwise an intervention might be needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38