How Come?

RickD1051

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Samsung chose to make the new note a curved screen? Are they making a version with a "flat" screen? Sorry if this has been asked before (probably has)

posted from my Galaxy S7

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I would assume that they are trying to build on the success of the S7 Edge. It's a great phone but I wonder if Samsung realizes most people bought it for the larger battery and screen, not the curved edge which is a pain for screen protectors and errant touches.

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The best explanation I can come up with is that they're going to bank off the success of the S7 edge.

Note that their edged-screen devices outsell the flat variants by a significant margin.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I think its "if you can't beat em join em"... I've never owned a Samsung phone because I thought LG did certain things better. But this last batch of 7's has really caught my eye. After bad luck with quality and LG... I am now ready to own my first Samsung- Note 7, So I myself am now saying "if you can't beat em join em."

I am looking forward to the curved screen and also some new things about joining the crowd... Like Amoled oversaturated display that pops, answering yes to someone who asks "is that an iPhone or a Samsung?" (Rather trying to explain that the proper way to ask is if something is iOS or Android and wanting to blow my brains out), having a multitude of accessories and cases in my local shops rather than ordering everything on Amazon or eBay. Etc etc.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I think its "if you can't beat em join em"... I've never owned a Samsung phone because I thought LG did certain things better. But this last batch of 7's has really caught my eye. After bad luck with quality and LG... I am now ready to own my first Samsung- Note 7, So I myself am now saying "if you can't beat em join em."

I am looking forward to the curved screen and also some new things about joining the crowd... Like Amoled oversaturated display that pops, answering yes to someone who asks "is that an iPhone or a Samsung?" (Rather trying to explain that the proper way to ask is if something is iOS or Android and wanting to blow my brains out), having a multitude of accessories and cases in my local shops rather than ordering everything on Amazon or eBay. Etc etc.

Hahaha dear God yes! People don't even know that Samsung's and LG's etc all run Android. They separate phones by brands, not operating systems. The amount of times I've had to explain this to all my friends is unbelievable.