Just traded in a S22 Ultra for a S23 plus, and its great!

Misterio36

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I have been upgrading to the note series every year since the Note 5 and while they have all been good phones, This last one was too much for me. While I liked the color(green) it was very heavy to hold. I do not like the sharp corners either because that meant I would always need to have a case on it. The curved screens also bothered me. I wish that Samsung would go back to the flat screens.

Anyway, ever since I traded in a few days ago, I get a flat screen and better battery life. Phone is perfect for my hand. I honestly couldn't be happier. I don't miss the S Pen and to conserve battery life, I always had my screen at 1080p. What is the point of having extra features if you are not even going to use them? The 100X zoom is cool, but a gimmick, that I very rarely used.

I am hoping that one day Samsung goes back to flat screens on the note series. Maybe then I can pick one up, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing but a year before. I traded my S21 ultra for the S22+. I always regretted my decision. The S21 ultra took better pictures and had better battery life. It sounds like from reviews and other people's experiences, the S23+ is a much better phone than the 22+. I much prefer flat screens. It's a shame that the Samsung and Google flagship "pro" phones have curved edges. Give me a pro or ultra phone with a flat screen and I as well as many others will buy it. I'm on the Pixel 7 pro and my next phone will have a flat screen. I'm just waiting to pay this thing off and then I'm getting rid of it. I only have $175 left to pay on it. I thought about selling it online, but there are so many listed for sale, it probably would take a while to sell it or I'd have to lower the price on it.

I did love the size of the S22+. I think the S23+ screen is .2" bigger.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I went into a Best Buy today and held both the S23 plus and iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone is just too big for me. So I'm definitely going to be getting the S23 plus or I might wait for the S24 plus to come out. The smaller iPhone 14 pro is just too small. The text is too small on the screen.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I just can't do Iphone
Same, I wouldn't do iPhone even if they gave it to me for free. I can't stand the way they handle files. I have a large collection of photos all organized in sub folders. When I copy them to the phone, it ignores the folder hierarchy and just dumps them in one folder. If you want to put them in albums you have to do it on they phone itself which would take me months doing it on a small phone and I wouldn't be able to know which photo goes where anyway.

Another annoying thing is if you edit a video, and hit ok, you think you're done but it is actually still saving it in the background with no progress bar so when you try to share that video on Instagram for example, you wouldn't be able to select it and have to keep trying every few mins until the edit is done then only can you select it.

This was on my previous iPhone 12 Pro MAX and iPhone 13 Pro. Now my gym partner has the iPhone 14 Pro Max and she faces the exact same issue. I don't know how anyone can use that piece of **** OS!

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel like some people tolerate iOS because of iMessage and facetime. And some people just get used to it making them dumber over time or iOS forcing them to do things their way. I'm only slightly interested in it because of iMessage and their hardware and software consistency. In the end, there are just too many things on iOS that annoy me. But either I forget about them after having left them or think that maybe things will be different next time I try iOS.

I imagine if I had started my smartphone addiction/journey with iOS, I'd probably be an isheep and would have no frame of reference or knowledge of what android is like. People who have always used iOS are far more critical of Android because iOS is part of who they are and they have no idea what's on the other side.

I guess in the end, it's just a phone and it's what you prefer and get used to and something that shouldn't be made a big deal out of. If I could have the luxury of having two phones, I'd probably have an iPhone and Android phone and switch back and forth between them from time to time.

I was mainly thinking of using an iPhone and my Tab S8 for Android. I'd tolerate it but I'd always have my tablet to go to to satisfy my android addiction.

But the size of the iPhone is clunky and not comfortable to hold. It's either too big or too small. I have way more options on Android as far as hardware is concerned.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29