If you're on the fence, try one out at Best Buy

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kind of like the rose gold now.. That nobody really wants anymore.
I've always liked the gold colors, but seems that gold isn't going to be released in the USA.

I want blue sooooo badly, but I highly doubt I will get it. If I wait a couple of weeks and can be guaranteed the blue, I might wait. I hate to wait but I've got a perfectly good Note 5 right now.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping customers in the UK will be offered gifts when ordering. Looking forward to seeing all the posts when your new gadget arrives.
CNet stated that in the UK Samsung is going to offer the new VR headset to Note 7 purchasers. It doesn't have as high a monetary value as the 256gb sd card, or the fit2 watch, but its a good freebie. I plan to pick up the new Gear VR, to go with the Note 7, down the line myself.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Whatever brand phone you buy is going to give you their version of Android. Samsung has TouchWiz, I use Nova but I like the stock apps that come with TouchWiz.

You will not get Vanilla Android from anyone but Google. Vanilla Android isn't for everyone. I got a Nexus to try it, the Nexus is on my drawer as my back up device. Vanilla Android is, well.. Too Vanilla for me, YMMV.

Samsung will continue with TouchWiz or if they change that, make another launcher that is Samsung's spin.

Boom!

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
CNet stated that in the UK Samsung is going to offer the new VR headset to Note 7 purchasers. It doesn't have as high a monetary value as the 256gb sd card, or the fit2 watch, but its a good freebie. I plan to pick up the new Gear VR, to go with the Note 7, down the line myself.
I would rather have the VR myself.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Seems like many people are loving the Note. Not me, though. However I seem to put it, it feels to me an S7 edge plus. Now we have three sizes for the S7 series this year. Each with a different feel in hand. Thats all. For me at least.

I've had a Note 3 and 4, S6, S6 edge and the S7. All great phones. But only kept buying Samsung for their cameras. I tend to keep my phones naked. Absolutely hated the feeling of using these phones without covers. Slimy slippery messes of reflections. The software too, didn't give me the satisfaction of spending so much money on the device. Nova launcher always saved the day. It completely changed my experience of using a Samsung phone.

I change phones often. Switched to Apple for the built quality and camera and yes, iOS 10. Didn't feel major differences at all. The iPhone charged slower. Thats it. Which is ofcourse really annoying.

Having said that all, maybe it's just me. But i dont care how expensive the phone looks. If it's a pain to use like it's meant to, it's not for me. It has to feel expensive too. And i don't care how much the tweak touchwiz, it's still not the fluid consistent stock android experience for me. Its practical and clunky. Smooth, but clunky.

I will buy a Samsung phone when they come up with new sturdy solid durable built quality and an amazing amazing software which shows that they're trying to give us Android rather than Samsungs own take on Android. Till then, I am looking forward to the new Nexus phones as well as the iPhones.
If the Note7 is not solid sturdy build quality, then I don't know what is.
Yes, it has glass on the back. Not my favorite feature. It does allow it to seem more premium.
I feel that if they just made the back with some strong alloy that won't nick, that would be ideal.
Possibly, even something mixed with rubber for grip.
The Samsung Touchwiz is probably the most feature rich version of Android you are going to find.
Some of the features of Android N are already a part of Touchwiz.
I only wanted a Nexus back in the day to play with different ROMs, which all had different features and looks.
I think Touchwiz is a lot cleaner than it used to be.
Honestly, I think minus the rooting unlockable aspect of the Nexus, I think stock Android is kind of boring.
Not to say anyone's opinion is wrong because they are just their own opinion.
Everyone is different in what they look for in a smartphone. I think Samsung checks most boxes for most people, though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If the Note7 is not solid sturdy build quality, then I don't know what is.
Yes, it has glass on the back. Not my favorite feature. It does allow it to seem more premium.
I feel that if they just made the back with some strong alloy that won't nick, that would be ideal.
Possibly, even something mixed with rubber for grip.
The Samsung Touchwiz is probably the most feature rich version of Android you are going to find.
Some of the features of Android N are already a part of Touchwiz.
I only wanted a Nexus back in the day to play with different ROMs, which all had different features and looks.
I think Touchwiz is a lot cleaner than it used to be.
Honestly, I think minus the rooting unlockable aspect of the Nexus, I think stock Android is kind of boring.
Not to say anyone's opinion is wrong because they are just their own opinion.
Everyone is different in what they look for in a smartphone. I think Samsung checks most boxes for most people, though.
Stock Android is SOOOO boring to me and I didn't like having to search for a decent gallery app and messaging app because Google sure didn't include decent ones.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Went to Best Buy today to play with the Black Onyx and wow. The most gorgeous phone I think I've ever seen. The S7e is so amazing looking and this one tops it easily. Great job Samsung.

The people complaining about the edges are silly. These are like bezel less sides that tightly fold downward in way that's hardly noticeable if your looking straight at the front. Brilliantly done!

Sites like Bluesnews that have a lot of side content are distorted in portrait mode. You really notice when comparing and almost make the content seem constrained. I ordered an N7, so have the "right" to comment ;)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Sites like Bluesnews that have a lot of side content are distorted in portrait mode. You really notice when comparing and almost make the content seem constrained. I ordered an N7, so have the "right" to comment ;)

I notice some of that with my S7 Edge, but it doesn't distract me anymore. I eyes have adjusted to it and it's not a factor to me. It's like going from viewing content on a lap top, to an IPad.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Played with the black and silver at BB. I like the black more but the silver looked great. It's getting a lot of hate but I really liked it.

Really excited by the Fit2 as well. Obviously its not a watch, but the UI is WAY WAY faster, smoother, and better than the moto 360 sport.

No blue on display though.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

Any word on the sim free price in the UK?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
In my original posting of this thread, I mentioned that I wouldn't be getting the Note because I have an S7 Edge and a Nexus 6P....

I returned the Nexus today (still within the return period), will sell my S7 Edge, and ordered a black Note 7 from T-Mobile. I owe $570 on the S7 Edge and with the year of Netflix, I should easily be able to sell it and get enough to pay it off if I include the Netflix and Samsung freebies (<-gadget addict justifying purchase to himself :) ).

I just couldn't resist how good it feels in the hand. My S7 Edge is silver, and I love it, but too many smudges. So this time I'm going for black. The black Note7 is so damn classy looking in-person.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I did the same. Said I wasn't going to get it. Went to best but twice and after the second time I was sold. Lol. Funny thing was I wasn't there for the note I was there for other things but kept playing with the Note instead lol.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I did the same. Said I wasn't going to get it. Went to best but twice and after the second time I was sold. Lol. Funny thing was I wasn't there for the note I was there for other things but kept playing with the Note instead lol.

Me too. I was there for something else. That's why I started this thread. The Note just feels so great. Its irresistible. Samsung is killing it lately.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
People complained about the Note 5 changes as they are doing the same exact thing with the Note 7 changes. People will complain about whatever Samsung releases not matter how good the phone is. Too many haters and trolls on AC. But the bottom line is Samsungs phones are the best IMO and their sales reflect that.

Please don't give me McDonald's sells the most hamburgers so that means they make the best hamburgers. Samsungs phones are always rated the highest just about every single the year

Posted via the AT&T Note 5