Tips / tricks to use for Note 7

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note 3 (been holding out for a while) so just looking to see what I can expect in changes .. so anyone that's had the Note 5 or the S7 that can give some insight before I get mine that would be greatly appreciated

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note 3 (been holding out for a while) so just looking to see what I can expect in changes .. so anyone that's had the Note 5 or the S7 that can give some insight before I get mine that would be greatly appreciated
I'm in the same boat. I'm still using my note 3 while patiently waiting for the right note to come along. Just watch some YouTube videos. Theres plenty first impression videos from the Samsung unpacked event.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It will be a definite upgrade. My son has my old note 3 and there are so many things upgraded. The camera, the fingerprint sensor... The pen is leaps and bounds better, so many reasons. I'm going from the 5 to the 7 and I'd tell you from the 3 to the 7 is going to blow your mind. If you're on Sprint, you will lose your ability to use data and voice simultaneously which was my biggest complaint. I bought a Karma Go WiFi (pay as you go) Hotspot and I have it always on in my car so I can be on wifi while on the phone.

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It will be a definite upgrade. My son has my old note 3 and there are so many things upgraded. The camera, the fingerprint sensor... The pen is leaps and bounds better, so many reasons. I'm going from the 5 to the 7 and I'd tell you from the 3 to the 7 is going to blow your mind. If you're on Sprint, you will lose your ability to use data and voice simultaneously which was my biggest complaint. I bought a Karma Go WiFi (pay as you go) Hotspot and I have it always on in my car so I can be on wifi while on the phone.

You can't enable advanced calling with Sprint to use both simultaneously?

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and subscribe to this guy on YouTube, simply the best of showing every possible feature on Samsung phones, he has been doing this for years now and all his videos have been great. Techisode TV - Techisode TV

Here it's his famous 100 tips on this case for the Note 5, but give him a couple of weeks after the Note 7 is available and he will have this updated with the Note 7. At least this can give you an idea of what to expect on the 7 and possibly most of this features will also be available on the new Note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYRIX9YP3Lk

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and subscribe to this guy on YouTube, simply the best of showing every possible feature on Samsung phones, he has been doing this for years now and all his videos have been great. Techisode TV - Techisode TV

Here it's his famous 100 tips on this case for the Note 5, but give him a couple of weeks after the Note 7 is available and he will have this updated with the Note 7. At least this can give you an idea of what to expect on the 7 and possibly most of this features will also be available on the new Note.

Awesome thanks I'll check that out!

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the video. You get so used to using s phone a certain way that even when you get a new one you tend to repeat the same habits. There's a lot of stuff in that video that I though "wow that's cool." Hope he does one for the Note 7.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm going from the S7E to the note 7.
Never owned a note phone.
Always thought about one. Just never pulled the plug till today.
I'm a AT&T customer.
Hard to leave when you get a good discount.
Guess I have a lot to learn.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
There is only one radio, to my understanding... Am I missing something?

In a way. It's not only about having 1 radio. If a carrier has VoLTE, and you are in a VoLTE (4G) area, 1 radio is fine as both voice and data will use LTE. I didn't see anyone say they were on Sprint, though you mentioned Sprint. In that case, the issue is Sprint hasn't implemented VoLTE yet, so because there is only 1 radio, if a user is on Sprint, they would not be able to do Voice and Data concurrently unless they are on WiFi.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
In a way. It's not only about having 1 radio. If a carrier has VoLTE, and you are in a VoLTE (4G) area, 1 radio is fine as both voice and data will use LTE. I didn't see anyone say they were on Sprint, though you mentioned Sprint. In that case, the issue is Sprint hasn't implemented VoLTE yet, so because there is only 1 radio, if a user is on Sprint, they would not be able to do Voice and Data concurrently unless they are on WiFi.
And that's why... Lol