When is the build date on your Note 7?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You mean software build date?

If so, August 11th.

Also just got an OTA that bumped it to the August patch and also gave it Android Nougat-styled notifications, other goodies and turned the already-fast fingerprint sensor into iPhone 6s-level fast.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You mean software build date?

If so, August 11th.

Also just got an OTA that bumped it to the August patch and also gave it Android Nougat-styled notifications, other goodies and turned the already-fast fingerprint sensor into iPhone 6s-level fast.

How are you liking your Note 7 so far overall?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
How are you liking your Note 7 so far overall?
So far, pretty awesome.

It's a refreshing experience from the last Samsung flagship I've used, which is the Galaxy S3, which left a pretty sour taste in my mouth due to the performance issues, which made it almost unusable as a daily driver until I slapped on a custom ROM.

Not so with the Note7. So far, it has been an incredibly smooth and snappy experience, without major performance issues or hiccups. Of course, like all phones, it does have some slow-ish moments, but considering that they happened during app installations and other I/O heavy asks which made my other phones do the same, it's somewhat expected. I've been using the S Pen a lot for the past few days, and I now completely understand why Note users really love it. It's awesome.

Only thing that's a little on the "okay" side is the battery. It's not terrible or anything, and it does last the entire day, but I know that it can do more. Then again, it is still a relatively new device and the battery life has been steadily improving over time. Plus, it lasts way longer than my LG G4, which I'll take anyday of the week. (13 hours of uptime with 5.7 hours of SOT when watching YouTube and browsing Facebook throughout the afternoon and with a small top-up from 25% to 50% on a wireless charger in the evening.)

On the subject of the topic, for some reason, the international version doesn't list the build date on the box.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Made in China, 07/28. Hardware Rev 0.7.

Just as long as I don't see someone with a hardware rev 0.8....I'm good.... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress