Question S24 Ultra Camera Issue? Help Please!

zombiibass

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
VIDEO HERE: S24 Ultra Image Shift

Hey all. So I have 2 s24 ultras on my account. I have seen there is an issue with the camera shifting when moving between 1x 3x and 5x zoom. From what I understand, the image shifts when zooming in. I belive both devices I have are doing this, but wanted to get some feedback before I try to swap or return the phones. Can any one on here confirm they are having the same issue? Ive attached a video of what mine are doing. Also, one has a build date of 12/29 the other 1/18. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This may sound weird... but it may be 'on purpose'? Depending on the scene (especially indoors and with low light), switching between lenses may result in the camera not actually using that lens but opting to use another one and do their processing magic to achieve a potentially better image. Since the lenses are in different positions on your phone, that's why you may see that 'shift'. If you want to see if that's the case, go to the Camera Settings, then select Camera assistant and turn off Auto lens switching.

zombiibass

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
This may sound weird... but it may be 'on purpose'? Depending on the scene (especially indoors and with low light), switching between lenses may result in the camera not actually using that lens but opting to use another one and do their processing magic to achieve a potentially better image. Since the lenses are in different positions on your phone, that's why you may see that 'shift'. If you want to see if that's the case, go to the Camera Settings, then select Camera assistant and turn off Auto lens switching.
Cool. I'll give it a go.

zombiibass

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I have that also on my s24u I believe there was an article saying Samsung will update the camera app , still on the software that came with the device
I read somewhere that people think it might be a hardware issue. That was in PhoneArena I think, but it's kind of a toss up. Just don't want to get stuck with a bad device if my return window runs out.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I read somewhere that people think it might be a hardware issue. That was in PhoneArena I think, but it's kind of a toss up. Just don't want to get stuck with a bad device if my return window runs out.
I understand if you have a return window then return it back and wait about a month to see if it's fixed then everything clear just reorder it.

Reactions: zombiibass

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
VIDEO HERE: S24 Ultra Image Shift

Hey all. So I have 2 s24 ultras on my account. I have seen there is an issue with the camera shifting when moving between 1x 3x and 5x zoom. From what I understand, the image shifts when zooming in. I belive both devices I have are doing this, but wanted to get some feedback before I try to swap or return the phones. Can any one on here confirm they are having the same issue? Ive attached a video of what mine are doing. Also, one has a build date of 12/29 the other 1/18. Thanks.
I just tested mine and I cannot replicate it. I went from 1 to 3 to 5 and back multiple times and I don't see it. I tried with camera assistant on and off but no difference for me.

T-Mobile variant.
Cannot find my build date...

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Can you do a screen recording and post it here? That would be awesome

Hope this works.

When I first tried to make a video, and I was too close to the speaker and it kept getting out of frame, I thought I saw the shift you had. But then when I backed up and did it like in the recording, I could not perceive any shift. Maybe try yours again, but scoot further back? I don't know. I'm no video expert - just my thoughts.

zombiibass

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site

Hope this works.

When I first tried to make a video, and I was too close to the speaker and it kept getting out of frame, I thought I saw the shift you had. But then when I backed up and did it like in the recording, I could not perceive any shift. Maybe try yours again, but scoot further back? I don't know. I'm no video expert - just my thoughts.
Cool thanks for doing that! Yeah, when you back up from an object, it seems to work fine. It's when you're close to an object that it shifts like you saw. Very strange. Thank you again.

Reactions: BEaRebel and jtfwTX

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Cool thanks for doing that! Yeah, when you back up from an object, it seems to work fine. It's when you're close to an object that it shifts like you saw. Very strange. Thank you again.
You're very welcome!
Yeah I wonder if this is normal or is it something that will be "fixed" with a future update...

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I've found another issue. It's with Camera Assistant.

If you turn on DoF correction in Camera Assistant it flips Pro Video mode upside down. Videos are recorded upside down.
4b0cb7f0fbe3b371117738c0c8a051f2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BEaRebel

x1sspic

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I've found another issue. It's with Camera Assistant.

If you turn on DoF correction in Camera Assistant it flips Pro Video mode upside down. Videos are recorded upside down.
4b0cb7f0fbe3b371117738c0c8a051f2.jpg
Inverting the image is exactly what that option is supposed to do, because DOF adapters project an inverted image onto the camera sensors. This is a software fix to save you from having to invert all your images after they are taken.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Inverting the image is exactly what that option is supposed to do, because DOF adapters project an inverted image onto the camera sensors. This is a software fix to save you from having to invert all your images after they are taken.
Yeah. I figured that out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos