Glass Back Scratched out of the Box...

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Great, I just got home and pulled out the Note 7 I got at AT&T corporate this afternoon to set it up and inspect it and noticed the glass back has 2 small horizontal scratches about 4mm long about 2mm apart on the top left back. I am OCD about my devices, and do everything to keep them Mint because I tend to resell them when the next best thing comes out. The store I got mine at of course doesn't have any more. I guess I am going to try another store around me tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling they are going to give me a hard time to exchange. I might be better off just buying another outright and returning the scratched one in a few days / week.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great, I just got home and pulled out the Note 7 I got at AT&T corporate this afternoon to set it up and inspect it and noticed the glass back has 2 small horizontal scratches about 4mm long about 2mm apart on the top left back. I am OCD about my devices, and do everything to keep them Mint because I tend to resell them when the next best thing comes out. The store I got mine at of course doesn't have any more. I guess I am going to try another store around me tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling they are going to give me a hard time to exchange. I might be better off just buying another outright and returning the scratched one in a few days / week.
If the scratch isn't that noticeable, just say you aren't happy with device, it overheats, reboots regularly or any other reason to get an exchange.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If the scratch isn't that noticeable, just say you aren't happy with device, it overheats, reboots regularly or any other reason to get an exchange.

Yeah, I will probably do something like that. Honestly if they give me a real big hard time I will eat the restocking fee and just return it and use my S7 Edge until I can find another one. The corporate stores aren't supposed to deny returns, regardless of the store it was originally purchased at. I'm not driving back to the store I bought the phone at, because it is 45 minutes from my house. It was the only store that had any during my lunch break.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I thought the same about my Verizon...but it was actually on the protective plastic....whew!

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they give you a new phone. When I was an iPhone user, I remember picking up my brand new 5 and not even 24 hours later I saw the camera lens had a weird cloudy/shadow look to it. It honestly didn't seem to effect picture quality, but it was a brand new device and I wasn't having it. Took it in, they saw it and gave me a brand new one no further questions asked. I would assume AT&T should do the same if you go into the store. If not, raise hell until they do

Posted via the Android Central App

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Your country's consumers law is good. For mine, no way to get an exchange after you bring it back home. Even if there is functional fail on the first day, they will only repair it rather than giving you a 1-1 exchange.

And we have absolutely no option to return and refund anything we bought.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they give you a new phone. When I was an iPhone user, I remember picking up my brand new 5 and not even 24 hours later I saw the camera lens had a weird cloudy/shadow look to it. It honestly didn't seem to effect picture quality, but it was a brand new device and I wasn't having it. Took it in, they saw it and gave me a brand new one no further questions asked. I would assume AT&T should do the same if you go into the store. If not, raise hell until they do

Posted via the Android Central App
So I ended up going in for an exchange yesterday morning to the only store around that showed the Black Onyx in stock and got an exchange. The only condition was that the could not do another exchange, but I can still return it for a restocking fee within 30 days. New unit seems to be fine. No major scratches that I noticed. I went to 2 different corporate stores later looking for the Bodyguardz screen protector and then found it at the second and was cringing at the way the manager was trying to install it, I was afraid he was going to scratch the crap out of the back, but he didn't as far as i could tell. The bad thing was that one of the sides wouldn't stick down so they ripped it off and gave me a new one for me to install myself. Got it home and the same thing. The top and bottom right sides won't stick down and ive got dust building up already. I put an IQ shield on the back for now to prevent scratches and man, are those things sized too big. It was a PITA and jas a ton of micro bubbles that won't go away but it is some temporary protection at least.