Note 7 Crash/Hang

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My Note 7 hung. I followed these Note 5 instructions to restart the phone.

Alternate Soft Reset - Samsung Galaxy Note 5
A soft reset can resolve issues like continuous resetting/rebooting, device crashing, freezing, locking up, and keypad not responding.

- This device has a non-removable battery. This process can be used to simulate a "battery pull" when the device is unresponsive, frozen, or doesn't power on.
- Ensure the device is charged to a minimum of 5%. If battery level is below 5%, the device may not power on after the reboot.
- With the device powered on, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 12 seconds.
- Use the Volume down button to scroll to the Power Down option.
- Press the Home key to select.
- Note The device powers down completely. It is recommended that the device be powered up in Safe Mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I think that if any Android device is frozen, you can usually force a shutdown by pressing and holding Power (or, in the case of Samsung devices, Power and Vol Down) for about 15-20 seconds (without having to do the subsequent step of using Vol Down to scroll to a Power Down option as mentioned above). In my experience, after pressing the button for long enough, the screen goes blank and the device shuts down.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74