Customizing Edge content?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to include both apps and shortcuts in one Edge bar? I only have a few items that I want to include on the Edge, but they are a mix of shortcuts and apps and I don't want to have to swipe over twice when they could all easily fit in one "bar." Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense. There is an inperfect solution if you want to try it. It will work about 75% of the time.

Grab from the play store and app called quickshortcut maker. Install it. Use the second tab.. applications.. to select an app, and click create. This will place a shortcut icon to that app on your home screen (don't worry, your not going to leave it there).

Next go into the edge settings, and use only the TASK EDGE. Chose edit, and then see if the home page shortcut that you just made is listed at the top. If it is, you can add it to the task edge, and you are all set (and you can now delete the home page icon you made in the last step).

I have found a group of my apps that will not show up in the task edge options. Not sure why. So you have a chance. Not sure if there is any other way. But this might work

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's a Samsung feature so I'd imagine they want you to use their browser (for site logs and marketing hits)...

It's less sinister than that.. though they maybe doing that too.

Bookmarks are not bookmarks. Each app handles, codes, and stores them differently. So the edge panel is coded for the one that it knows.

There is a chrome edge panel in the downloads section. Likely cost you $1.50 ish.