Test to see if camera is working right?

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've not been impressed with the camera. Recent I took a picture of someone with my phone and sent it to them. They actually complained about the quality. I thought it was just me being too harsh. She gave me better comments with the note 4.

Now I know text pictures futher degrades them. But I can't even get this thing to auto focus on what I'm trying to select. It seems to instead attempt to capture whoever was the most close to me.

I tried to capture a mom and young daughter. The camera claimed to lock on both faces but it never did. One face was always out of focus and sometimes both were. I'm wondering if my lens is decentered.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've not been impressed with the camera. Recent I took a picture of someone with my phone and sent it to them. They actually complained about the quality. I thought it was just me being too harsh. She gave me better comments with the note 4.

Now I know text pictures futher degrades them. But I can't even get this thing to auto focus on what I'm trying to select. It seems to instead attempt to capture whoever was the most close to me.

I tried to capture a mom and young daughter. The camera claimed to lock on both faces but it never did. One face was always out of focus and sometimes both were. I'm wondering if my lens is decentered.

Check to make sure you don't have selective focus enabled in your camera options.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone use that skin tone setting on the camera and if so, what does it do?

I haven't used it yet, but it's supposed to be like photoshop to clear blemishes, and correct stuff that's probably not wrong in the first place. I'm assuming it's trying to make people look like a Kardashian selfie. Edited to death. LOL

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It was not in selective mode. I couldn't even get it to focus through pro on manual. I tried manual on my mom's note 5 and that worked perfectly.

I'm hoping to have time to drop by sprint tomorrow. Maybe they'll be able to fix it or replace it.

Edit: it seems to focus on manual but only if things are close. Nothing beyond like 10 feet.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It was not in selective mode. I couldn't even get it to focus through pro on manual. I tried manual on my mom's note 5 and that worked perfectly.

I'm hoping to have time to drop by sprint tomorrow. Maybe they'll be able to fix it or replace it.

Edit: it seems to focus on manual but only if things are close. Nothing beyond like 10 feet.

That's odd. You may want to go to a carrier store to compare another Note 7. It may be defective.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used it yet, but it's supposed to be like photoshop to clear blemishes, and correct stuff that's probably not wrong in the first place. I'm assuming it's trying to make people look like a Kardashian selfie. Edited to death. LOL

Lol, funny!

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
First check for all the settings in the camera app & make sure that you are not missing something.
Then try a full Factory Reset from Recovery menu (though it is 99% a hardware issue). But just to be sure......
If no luck, then definitely you have received a faulty model with some issues in the camera optics. I would suggest go for a complete replacement rather than repairing the device.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yes their is a test. I got it from samsung but forgot what it is. Its a keypad command like # and some number #.

You can test everything. Both cameras.. sensors. Backlights vibration sounds. Its pretty neat.

Last edited:

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use that skin tone setting on the camera and if so, what does it do?
Basically clears "blemishes" like for me if i put it all the way up. My frekles dissappear. Also if you have naturally oily skin it could help with lighting. I keep mine between 2-4 depending on the lighting.

Haha i actually posted this on instagram some time back. Making fun of those filters.

Last edited:

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes their is a test. I got it from samsung but forgot what it is. Its a keypad command like # and some number #.

You can test everything. Both cameras.. sensors. Backl8ghts vibration so7nds. Its pretty neat.

It's *#0*# I work with phones and have to test samsung phones sometimes and that saves me because everything is there lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non