Harvey Norman Australia Note 7 Recall Process

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who bought their Note 7 outright from Harvey Norman in Australia.
I've already had my phone replaced once due to an unrecoverable boot loop issue, so I'm keen to know what the process will be for recall here in Australia. I called my local Harvey Norman today and was told that I should bring my Note 7 in and would be given a Samsung J1 Mini to use whilst waiting for my new N7. When the new phone comes, I get to keep the J1 Mini. (Au$200 value)
At this stage there is nothing wrong with my N7, and I'm keen to hold onto it until new units are available because I don't want to be stuck with a cheap phone for who knows how long.
Anyway, anyone else bought from Harvey Norman and have more details to add?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If I were you, I might actually take the J1 Mini.

Yes, it's a cheap phone that isn't going to do a lot of things well, but if I get to keep it after the replacement comes, I'll take it.

I'd rather take the safe route and not use the Note for as long as possible until the new ones come.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
If I were you, I might actually take the J1 Mini.

Yes, it's a cheap phone that isn't going to do a lot of things well, but if I get to keep it after the replacement comes, I'll take it.

I'd rather take the safe route and not use the Note for as long as possible until the new ones come.
Yeah, I'll probably do that, but I'm in no rush. I personally don't feel "unsafe" using my N7 as the chances are very low of it being defective. I really think Samsung is doing the right thing, but playing it very safe.
Did you buy your N7 from Harvey Norman?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'll probably do that, but I'm in no rush. I personally don't feel "unsafe" using my N7 as the chances are very low of it being defective. I really think Samsung is doing the right thing, but playing it very safe.
No. I live in a different country.

Just sharing what I personally think is best.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

I would wait, who know's when you will get a new phone, Samsung service is the worst could be a month before you get one,i can see why you started a thread here the note 7 thread on whirlpool is a cat fight about fire v explosion lol.

My situation is interesting, i bought a new sealed Optus Note 7 off a guy on gumtree last Monday, i decided too stick to my iPhone for now and sold it in 2 hours on eBay, its been in transit since last Tuesday and will be delivered to buyer in SA today, haven't heard anything from him he said he was taking it OS and by his name i would say Korean, so not sure what will happen, hopefully he just does a swap with Samsung or Optus, he has the original owners receipt. I imagine there will be 1000's left on the street from buyers off ebay/gumtree/ down the pub etc. What a **** up Samsung.

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
With the increase in incidents and discovering that 70% of the batteries in units are from Samsungs SDI subsidiary, I think it's time to take my phone in. 😢

StreetR

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
We purchased two note 7s from Harvey Norman for the wife and myself. My device suffered the same boot loop issue after a failure during setup. Will return the device to HN again today for the battery fault. Not sure about loan options but we still love the Note7!

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
We purchased two note 7s from Harvey Norman for the wife and myself. My device suffered the same boot loop issue after a failure during setup. Will return the device to HN again today for the battery fault. Not sure about loan options but we still love the Note7!
Let me know how you got on. I haven't returned mine yet.

CaroWit

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my n7 from HN and have had confirmation from them that I can swap mine. Not sure what to do as mine did the boot loop thing, wouldn't recognise my pin and I wasn't able to turn it off, had to let the battery run down. What's the replacement going to do?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hardley Normal told me today they will refund my purchase price. That'll do for me. I'll use my other phone & buy a new n7 when available. Might change colour though. Decisions decisions

CaroWit

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
The battery problem is going to fixed but what about the bricking, looping, freezing problems that are being talked about. Anybody heard of feedback from Samsung on these issues?

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
The battery problem is going to fixed but what about the bricking, looping, freezing problems that are being talked about. Anybody heard of feedback from Samsung on these issues?
I'm hoping that will all be fixed too. My replacement had been totally fine with none of these issues.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana