Wondering if the free 256gb will still be shipped out to me

juliobx2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I will be returning my Note 7 to AT&T soon but wonder if Samsung will still ship out the free gifts that were promised. I plan to get another Note 7, probably in another color but definitely want my memory card.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Well the new device will have a new IMEI and MacAddress which is a determining factor for qualification....What im thinking is they will extend the promotion and make people who are still processing resubmit and cancel their first submission.....Cause if they send it now you could easily resubmit after your new device comes and use the new IMEI and MacAddress to qualify for a 2nd free gift... This is just my thoughts im not sure what they will do or if they will even give that much attention to it

juliobx2012

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
When I got my S7 Edge when it released, got a bum unit but actually realized it after I did the Free Gear VR promotion, returned the bad phone and exchanged for a new S7 edge, went thru free Gear VR process again for the new unit. Got 2 Gear VR units in the mail.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah so they may not be thinking that much into it....You could probably still get your gift....I submitted on the 24th and Approved on the 26th and got my Gear fit 2 Large yesterday

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It's a different waiting period for the sdcard, small and large fit2. People who put in later seemed to get theirs first. And vise versa.
I put in for my card on the 19th. Got the approved and in route message on the 22nd and nothing since then. And I'm about 2 hours away from the holding area.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I submitted for my SD card after my husband and mine came in yesterday and he hasn't gotten anything from Samsung besides, you're approved.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
All I know is mine is "in route". You can translate that as "shipping" since no shipping notice received yet. I submitted on Tuesday night (8/30/16), and was approved the next morning when I got up. I ordered the GF 2.

Promotion.png

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought a TMo Note 7, submitted for the free year of Netflix. Ended up returning it 10 days later since my blue Samsung.com one showed up. Got the free year code the next day. Good, good.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I sumited on the 22nd of August and recieved approval on the 24th have been aproved and in rought for 2 weeks now ,called samsung today and after some time on hold was just told to wait for FedX tracking wondering if the recall will affect shipping on this? !

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, they send them out in batches and as long as you were approved, you will get your freebie.
I know that. I just mean it hasn't "shipped" and is not in route to me in the truest sense of the word. Sammy and I have a long-standing relationship and I trust them implicitly to keep their word.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I sumited on the 22nd of August and recieved approval on the 24th have been aproved and in rought for 2 weeks now ,called samsung today and after some time on hold was just told to wait for FedX tracking wondering if the recall will affect shipping on this? !
That's my thought process. I'm feeling like they might hold things up a bit. Time will tell. Either way I'm fine. Sooner or later. Sooner would be nicer.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I know that. I just mean it hasn't "shipped" and is not in route to me in the truest sense of the word. Sammy and I have a long-standing relationship and I trust them implicitly to keep their word.

I think they send these FedEx. Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager and then you get email notifications whenever a package is sent to your address via FedEx.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

AFAIK it is a 3rd party that processes and mails these out. If anything, the halting of Note 7 sales should speed things up since they will have fewer orders to process.