Would you return the Note 7 if...

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Before I start, I just want to start off by saying that I am 95% certain that I will be returning my Note 7 for another one. I with Verizon.

Now, would you guys return your Note 7 if it was working perfectly. By perfectly, I mean no lag, no defects, no heat issue while charging. I'm getting 7-8 hours of SOT (with many things disabled), and this is the first time in a while that I've enjoyed a phone this much. Reading all these posts about phones lagging, poor battery life, etc. has me worried. I'm worried that the phone I exchange for won't be this good.

Having said this, would you guys return your phone if you were in my shoes?

trdsol23

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
And here's my usage from today, still plenty of juice left. This is with AOD, auto brightness, wifi, bluetooth, and google location services on 24/7.

image 2.jpgimage.jpg

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, I also had this question in my mind but a comment from a fellow user on the forum clarified it for me at least. On a forum like this, most people open new threads to complain or report a problem they're having with their device/car ect., making you feel like 99% of the devices have problems but that's not true because nobody who has a fully working device and had 0 issues with it will open a thread saying " Hi, i just wanted to tell you that I have a great device and had no problems with it ". So what we're seeing on forums are isolate cases of users who have encountered some issues that are very vague like battery life (which depends on a LOT of factors), "lag" and other. So... if I already had the phone (didn't received it yet) I'd totally exchange it, no doubts

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely I would return it. The saftey risks and the resale value of the phone don't make it a good thing to hold on to the old phone. Furthermore, you are just as likely to get a good replacement phone as you did with your first phone. Most people posting their complaints here are in the minority. Furthermore, although you present phone seems to have exceptional in performance, I would bet it has more to do with how you set up and use your phone. Apparently, you did it right, while some others with issues, have not. I'll bet you will do just as well with your replacement.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has given us until the 30th if sept to return our note7 for a full refund.

I am holding out hoping the new 7's will be ready by then, but if not i will return my 7 for a refund and just use a spare phone i have until the new 7's hit the shelf.

Hopefully verizon will modify the plan to a return for straight across trade, that would be easier..

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone was working perfectly before I returned it to att. If there would not have been a recall then no I would not have taken it back. My safety is more important than a phone even if I really liked it.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really had any issues, maybe a minor lag here or there. I am really enjoying the phone but will definitely be turning it in for a replacement when they come in just incase. You never know what could happen to this one down the road and I'm not going to risk it.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Before I start, I just want to start off by saying that I am 95% certain that I will be returning my Note 7 for another one. I with Verizon.

Now, would you guys return your Note 7 if it was working perfectly. By perfectly, I mean no lag, no defects, no heat issue while charging. I'm getting 7-8 hours of SOT (with many things disabled), and this is the first time in a while that I've enjoyed a phone this much. Reading all these posts about phones lagging, poor battery life, etc. has me worried. I'm worried that the phone I exchange for won't be this good.

I am in your shoes, also with freaking Verizon and sure I'll exchange it for a new one, sucks that I have on a screen protector i got for $25.
But oh well, $25 I usually spend for brunch.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know whether there will be a 14 day exchange period on the replacements, should they have issues, just like on the original phone? If not, would you have to make a warranty claim and hope they then don't give you a refurbished phone that was one of the recalled phones with a new battery?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I would, and have sent mine back in. It's just not worth it to take the risk. The problem has to be more wide spread that they can't narrow it down to a certain production run or track it down very specific or they wouldn't do a total recall. I've been using my iPhone since and I'm dying here. I hope I can get a new n7 pretty soon.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I would absolutely send it back in, even if it gave me 24 hours of SOT. If you tweaked your settings on the current phone to achieve this, odds are that you will be able to replicate it on your replacement. Just document what you have disabled etc.

Just because your particular device is not having batterty issues doesn't mean it's immune from them. The one's that caught fire weren't having any issues either, until they did.....

Be smart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87