Did anyone's screen get scratches without a protector?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I took the screen protector off as soon as the phone was recalled as did many others. I carried and treated my phone as I normally do with or without a protector and today when swapped my phone for a new one today and the screen was still pristine. No scratches. I'm debating whether or not to put on the protector I bought just before the recall.

How did everyone else's screens fare?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
No scratches on my returned Note 7 that was in a Spigen Tough Armor and Platinum Holster. Going commando on the screen on the replacement Note 7 I got today and will continue to unless by some small miracle someone releases a protector that doesn't suck.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been using an Otterbox Symmetry clear case without a screen protector on mine since August 19th and my screen is still in pristine condition. I slide it in and out of my back pocket all day every day and it's even slid off my console and fell between the seat a few times with no damage done. Hope this helps!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No scratches on the screen but the back has scuffs and scratches. I'm having a hard time believing that the front and rear glass are the same.

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine has a pretty deep scratch on my screen. Very small but it's there. I guess all these claims saying GG5 scratches easier than GG4 are true

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I went naked after the recall, ND I am scratch free. I have an IQ shield that I may put on my new phone, but considering going without.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I haven't had an issue at all. What I've noticed since taking mine off is how nice the screen really is. It's actually really hard to leave a smudge on this thing. It stays so clean. Makes me hesitant to put a screen protector on it because I know most screen protectors are made of cheap material and will smudge really easily.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
None with my returned N7 had since launch day. I have a case with bumpers, but no protector. They would show as giant refracted objects with Gear VR if had any.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had an issue at all. What I've noticed since taking mine off is how nice the screen really is. It's actually really hard to leave a smudge on this thing. It stays so clean. Makes me hesitant to put a screen protector on it because I know most screen protectors are made of cheap material and will smudge really easily.

Yes, I agree totally. With the screen protector on my last phone after I had it for awhile I was always having to clean it. The bare screen on the N7 however has been pretty amazing without anything on it. I hate to risk it going naked, but its done well over the past few weeks.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I never had a screen protector on the phone at all. It spent a lot of time in my pocket and not a single scratch. Going in tomorrow to get the replacement and I won't be using a screen protector on it either.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I have a couple of scratches, and I have no idea how. I have babied the **** out of the phone. It's extremely easy to scratch.

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Received my original Note on August 18th and exchanged it yesterday afternoon for a new one... No scratches, but I put a protector on the new one since I'll have it for at least a year and have young kids

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I really wish they would take a page out of LG's book with the V20 and have a screen protector installed from the factory. I mean, with these curved screens it seems impossible to find a good fit and one from the factory would be perfect for those with OCD on the screens and for those that don't care can just rip them off.

Received my original Note on August 18th and exchanged it yesterday afternoon for a new one... No scratches, but I put a protector on the new one since I'll have it for at least a year and have young kids

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have some hairline scratches incluDing on the left curved edge..one is deep. But I love it without a protector..tough call

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine had a tiny scratch on the front which had to happen the first or second day I had the device. I still don't know how. I couldn't find a decent screen protector so I had ordered a few more when the recall took place. The phone had been naked since then and didn't get anymore scratches on it. I got my replacement device and still have the plastic on it until I can get a screen protector put on it.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Won't use screen protectors for curved. Doesn't work well. I had rocked my blue N7 naked 2 weeks before returning it. It had a minor scratch on the back. Nothing on the front.

demonic_crow

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Took mine off after the recall and i have no scratches. Thinking when i get my new phone i will just leave it with no screen protector. I'm using a flip phone wallet case.