Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Im getting it!

I love my note 2. If its basically the same as the note 2 just bigger then it will soon replace my Ipad 2. Im so tired of my istuff. Anyone else?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Re: Im getting it!

i would get it in a heart beat...if i could make phone calls on it in the US

As soon as it's out, in getting one. I love my 7.0 but I want more speed. The only thing that would deter me is if I cannot use my dock with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Not looking good to me at all and the software looked really buggy and slow don't see a point to it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Buggy and slow? Did we watch the same video that is here on AC? I didnt see abything that was slow. Its essentially the same as the note 2 and that isnt slow at all.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I will probably be getting one for myself to replace my HTC flyer. Will it do the split screen working like on the note 10.1?
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor

I am interested! Will wait to see what pops at Google IO. On the video, that tablet was super smooth and the s pen could be used on the soft key and for just about everything on the screen.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Yeah, about the only thing that looked like a step backward is the rear camera. Once again, just like the Tab 2, they got rid of the LED Flash to save $ (it actually does come in handy sometimes) so I will miss that. But otherwise, this is the tab I have been waiting for.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Yeah, about the only thing that looked like a step backward is the rear camera. Once again, just like the Tab 2, they got rid of the LED Flash to save $ (it actually does come in handy sometimes) so I will miss that. But otherwise, this is the tab I have been waiting for.
    Yea but how many people take pictures with a tablet? I went to kid rock concert this past summer and there were a few with ipads taking pictures and video. They honestly looked like fools to me. As long as it functions great as a tablet and it cost somewhere near 300, im gonna get one. Ill use my phone for pictures for the forseeable future.

I don't need my tab for taking pictures (even though it would have been nice). Seems like the camera on this is on par with my HTC Flyer. Plus with the S-Suite I look set with this tab. I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 with PureView for taking photos (and I love that phone).
    Android Central
    Visitor

Really looking forward to getting one of these..
    But why in can't all companies give release dates and pricing info when they officially "announce" their products?!? Ugh!
    karsdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Will it do the split screen working like on the note 10.1?
    Yes.

Can't wait to get one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    Yes.

Can't wait to get one of these!
    Any idea what the price will be like? Hopefully competitive to the iPad Mini! If so, it'll be a very tough call between this and the new Surface RT if it's 7-8" with stylus support!
    Android Central
    Visitor

Any idea what the price will be like? Hopefully competitive to the iPad Mini! If so, it'll be a very tough call between this and the new Surface RT if it's 7-8" with stylus support!
    I really think it needs to come in under the iPad Mini price point to have a shot at success on any sort of wide scale. The screen on this thing is going to be....okay. Conversely, conventional wisdom says that this year's iPad Mini is going to get a retina screen. If they both drop around the same time and have the same price point, most people are probably going to jump on with the iPad.

I think a great opening spot for the Note 8 would be $279 for the 16GB wifi only model. Putting it $50 under the iPad would really give a lot of people a moment's pause when making their purchase....even with the retina screen. $299 would be the top end I think they could price it and still have a shot at wide success. Anything more than that and the option goes back to being between the iPad mini, Kindle Fire or the Nexus 7.
    lpt2569 likes this.

Samsung is not known for good pricing out of the gate, but who knows. Galaxy Note 10 with 16GB is $499. I'd guess $299 for the 16GB version as a starting point, which would be a great price in my opinion, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I would say avoid the Surface RT as far as a tablet goes, apps are not there yet, and the RT version of Windows is kinda half-baked from what I've read. But I am only guessing, I have not used it to any great extent (10 minutes in Best Buy is all I've done), so I could be very wrong as far as RT is concerned. I'm actually chomping at the bit to replace my 4 year old Dell laptop with the Surface Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
    I really think it needs to come in under the iPad Mini price point to have a shot at success on any sort of wide scale. The screen on this thing is going to be....okay. Conversely, conventional wisdom says that this year's iPad Mini is going to get a retina screen. If they both drop around the same time and have the same price point, most people are probably going to jump on with the iPad.

I think a great opening spot for the Note 8 would be $279 for the 16GB wifi only model. Putting it $50 under the iPad would really give a lot of people a moment's pause when making their purchase....even with the retina screen. $299 would be the top end I think they could price it and still have a shot at wide success. Anything more than that and the option goes back to being between the iPad mini, Kindle Fire or the Nexus 7.
    I think you nailed it.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I will be get one. I just returned SG Tab 2 - 7 inch; once I heard about the 8 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post

I agree with your pricing analysis - but neither the Fire nor the Nexus 7 have a provision for adding storage (no microSD slot = show stopper) plus the Fire has additional limitations that make it less useful as an all-around device (but the best device if your main focus is extracting Amazon content) so IMO neither can compete with the Note 8.0 (or any recent 7-8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab predecessor for that matter). I have no interest in entering the apple walled sheeple garden either so that eliminates the mini.

I don't need my tab for taking pictures (even though it would have been nice). Seems like the camera on this is on par with my HTC Flyer. Plus with the S-Suite I look set with this tab. I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 with PureView for taking photos (and I love that phone).
    It wasn't so much that I wanted it for pictures, but the LED flash comes in handy as a video light and the led itself as a general light source (i.e., flashlight or light source for a separate camera) in a pinch.

I enjoy my current N7, but honestly, in a tab this size the onscreen buttons annoy me. It's just a big strip of wasted space. Using my GSIII since it released has made me appreciate having a physical home button on the front face.

$299 for the 16GB version is my top limit. At or below that price and I'll be looking to give the N7 to the kids.

-Suntan

It wasn't so much that I wanted it for pictures, but the LED flash comes in handy as a video light and the led itself as a general light source (i.e., flashlight or light source for a separate camera) in a pinch.
    Good point, but doesn't your phone have an LED flash on it too (or if you've got the HTC 7 Mozart/Nokia N8, a Xenon flash)? Couldn't that be used?
    Android Central
    Visitor

I already have a Samsung 7.7 Tab that I recently bought from Verizon for $349.99 new. I rather like it a lot, I simply use my home wifi for internet tethering instead of the built-in 4g sim card. Is there any real compelling reason to get the Samsung 8 versus my 7.7 tablet? I already have the Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone which I like a lot, but only use the very cool stylus pen once in awhile. I don't really see myself being a heavy stylus pen user even if I had the Samsung 8 tablet. -Casey
    Is that a Samsung Note 3 in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Quote Originally Posted by Casey415 View Post
    I already have a Samsung 7.7 Tab that I recently bought from Verizon for $349.99 new. I rather like it a lot, I simply use my home wifi for internet tethering instead of the built-in 4g sim card. Is there any real compelling reason to get the Samsung 8 versus my 7.7 tablet? I already have the Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone which I like a lot, but only use the very cool stylus pen once in awhile. I don't really see myself being a heavy stylus pen user even if I had the Samsung 8 tablet. -Casey
    If you're not going to use the Spen, no there's probably not much of a reason to switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

At $299 I am in. Not sure why I keep entertaining thoughts of getting the international model...I have perfectly good phones but the thought of being able to use this as a phone has me intrigued...not sure why... was always in the "no micro SD card no way" and even after my 32 GB Nexus 7 which has more than enough storage. It was only after I got my Nexus 4 16GB that I discovered the ways of the cloud. Google Drive, Box.com, Google Play music etc. really do work well! Of course having unlimited (5GB) data helps. Not having a micro SD slot will not keep me from getting future Nexus phones or other devices.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Good point, but doesn't your phone have an LED flash on it too (or if you've got the HTC 7 Mozart/Nokia N8, a Xenon flash)? Couldn't that be used?
    Yes. I have an EVO but might not have it on me as I'm futzing around the house or if I wanted to go all in using the Note 8 as my phone too. To be clear, I wasn't saying this was a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination, just pointing it out as I've seen Samsung sacrifice this sometimes handy feature on the Tab 2 (vs. the similarly spec'd Tab 7 Plus) as an obvious cost saving measure. There is NO WAY lack of an LED flash/video light on the Note 8 would keep me from getting one. I consider the lack of a microSD card slot on the Nexus 7 a deal breaker, however, even with the higher PPI display (vs. the Note 8).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast