$400.00 To Doodle? Take Notes? Really? Returned For The 32Gb Nexus 7 (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I own this tablet, as well as the Nexus 7,and a few other tablets. Perhaps your budget is limited and you had to return it in order to afford the Nexus 7. Who knows. If you've moved on from Note 8,then why are you still in the Note 8 forum? When I move on from a device I no longer use, I move on from that forum as well, because there's nothing I can no longer gain from visiting that forum. I continue to visit the forums for the devices I own.

I visit a lot of the forums because I want to know what experiences people have with various gear, I may learn something useful. I'm not sure why Raider feels the need to share his dislike for the Note 8 but for some reason he does. I'm simply trying to convey that his needs don't reflect someone else's wants.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Raider you really seem to be having a difficult time realizing that what is good for you isn't good for everyone else.

What YOU fail to understand is....
I DON"T CARE what you use.. if you want to be locked into a contract for mobile data and have no idea how easy it is to get that for FREE... Then go for it...

Also.. What you fail to understand is "I" voiced "My" opinion on the Antiquated Device that is the Note 8.0...
Yes.. it works.. and for the few that have a need to doodle or keep track of a bunch of notes.. go for it..does a good job of preforming that task..
But.. AT $400.00 BUCKS?
Your getting RIPPED OFF.. Period. I almost got ripped off as well... Then I wised up at the 11th Hour and rushed the antique Note 8 back to the Brick & Mortar for a prompt refund of my Cash.
The Note series did do one thing.. It spawned a host of note taking apps.. That do the EXACT same thing as the Antiquated Note 8 does.. for free, On ANY Phone or Tablet.
Time has simply passed the Note 8 by.
If my (Thankfully Over) experience with it.. and MY opinion of it bothers you or anyone else.. STOP READING AND RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD.
It's that simple.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
OP states that the Note 8 is old tech and the Nexus 7 trumps it.
Here are a few things the Note 8 can do that the Nexus 7 can't:

1) Mirror screen to HDMI TV. This can be easily done on the Note 8. Not so much on the Nexus 7. Some have posted different cables they have used for the Nexus 7, but they have also posted less than stellar results.

2) Control TV and other devices. The Note 8 can change the channels and volumes on my TV and Cable box. Nexus 7 can't.

3) External SDcard. My Note 8 comes with 16 GB of internal storage. I've also added a 64GB card. I can place my entire 30 GB music library on my Note 8. Not so on my Nexus 7. I don't have enough room for my music library.

3) OTG support. I can easily read and transfer files from my USB drive using an OTG cable on my Note 8. The Nexus 7 doesn't support it. I had to purchase a 3rd party app in order to do it on my Nexus 7.

4) Edit calendar entries to another account. I have several accounts on my device. There are times when I create an account under my personal account, when it was supposed to be under the account I use for work. On my Note 8 I can easily go back to the calendar event, edit it, and change it to the correct account. Not so on my Nexus 7. I'm unable to change events to another account. Therefore, I have to delete the entire calendar event, and start over using the correct account.

5) Ability to Email Group contacts. On my Note 8 I can send Emails to those in my contact groups. Not so on the Nexus 7. I have to use 3rd party apps such as DW Contacts.

6) Ability to select sub-menus on some HTML sites. There are sites that require you to hover your mouse over a navigation link in order to reveal a sub-menu link on some HTML sites. I can easily do this on my laptop. I can also do this while on the go, thanks to the Note 8 hover capability using the S-Pen. Not so on the Nexus 7.

7) Running multiple apps. I'm able to easily run two apps at the same time on my Note 8. I can also have a shrunken down version of a video playing on the screen while using another app at the same time.

Guess I can do a lot with old tech.. huh?

If you can do everything I'd mention with your Nexus 7, I'd like to know.
I know I can't. That's why the Note 8 has its place amongst the devices I own. I can do a lot more than just doodle and draw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have friends with other tablets and a regular capacitive style is a pain in the neck for engineering work. The equations are just too dang complex and the drawings too complex with way too many fine lines on them. I have seen what my fellow students have produced on other tablets and using capacitive pens.

I agree that most people don't need something like the spen. However, I think it is very useful for engineers. Being able to diagram accurately and put in things like operating lines, write out some very complex equations that writing to text conversion just does not work on (strange symbols etc) is a huge gain. While I was on a plane recently flying to a genetic engineering competition I was not only able to work on problems on my note 8 but I had instant access to all the notes I have taken in class so far this year instead of trying to find pieces of paper while stuck in a airplane seen.

Once I graduate I will definitely keep a tablet with an active digitizer. They are just too useful to stop using them for what I do.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The S pen Note is a great tablet for those that are interested in an extremely versatile device. Samsung, with its Note series has truly made the stylus useful again, IMO.

Note 8.0 LTE via Tapatalk IV

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The note 8.0 is... The Past..
It was ok in it's day.. and a fair deal for the $243.00 it recently sold for as a Closeout Item. It's time has past..
Newer, Stronger Tablets are here today.. with much better screens.. much better prices.. and more future proof technology..
With the Nexus 10 2014.. Note 10.1 2014 LG G Pad 8.3 being packed up and preparing for shipment as I type this...

Time to End This Thread.. and look towards the future.
Quarter 4 & 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting time for Android Tablets..... 1,900 x 1,200 and Higher resolution tablets are either here or on the way... To Stay.

R.I. P. Note 8.0..
You were ok back in your day.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The note 8.0 is... The Past..
It was ok in it's day.. and a fair deal for the $243.00 it recently sold for as a Closeout Item. It's time has past..
Newer, Stronger Tablets are here today.. with much better screens.. much better prices.. and more future proof technology..
With the Nexus 10 2014.. Note 10.1 2014 LG G Pad 8.3 being packed up and preparing for shipment as I type this...

Time to End This Thread.. and look towards the future.
Quarter 4 & 2014 is shaping up to be an exciting time for Android Tablets..... 1,900 x 1,200 and Higher resolution tablets are either here or on the way... To Stay.

R.I. P. Note 8.0..
You were ok back in your day.

Just as I thought. You didn't come back with any proof as to how the Nexus 7 can do the things I've mentioned earlier. Typical Troll. I see you're caught up on what device is the newest, and which device has better specs on paper. All you keep saying is that the Note 8 is outdated, and that everything else is better. Yes, they have a better screen and slightly faster processor, but that doesn't make the Note 8 junk.
The Note 8 can do quite a few things many of the newer tablets out can't do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Just as I thought. You didn't come back with any proof as to how the Nexus 7 can do the things I've mentioned earlier. Typical Troll. All you keep saying is that the Note 8 is outdated

Are You Ok?
Really.... Are You Alright???

Name calling.....????

Wow.
No one is here to prove ANYTHING TO YOU......whoever you are on this planet..
I don't care about you in the least cdf.
And you CONTINUE to come back to MY Thread... why? If you are happy with your tablet, move on..
I've owned the Note 8 and it was NOT worth $395.00.
$243.00 for an outdated device that's on closeout from Staples shelves.. is still a little high.. but ok.. I'll call that one a fair deal.

And to be honest.. the N7 2013 is going to stay in the family.. but I just set aside $325.00 for the LG G PAD 8.3 which is being announced later this month.
Thinner.. Lighter.. Faster.. Higher Resolution.. Brighter Contrast.. SUPERIOR GPu compared to the Note 8..
And it links to the Hot new LG-G2 (xmas request to the Mrs.) in somewhat the same manner as the Galaxy Note 3 & Smartwatch stay in sync..
2014 Technology.
It's where Tech is now....... NOT back in a time where tablets are still running 4.1.2 Jellybean.. ( Got your O.T.A. update yet?) that's 2012.. that's old news now..

R.I P.
Galaxy Note 8.0.. You were ok in your day.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
And that's enough.

You all should have reported it so we would have been able to lock this troll thread sooner :)

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38