Note 8 screen broken :(

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

This morning I made bad mistake. I was in a hurry, the Note8 was in the pocket of my jacket, and as I made a bad move, the device fell out of the pocket, landed on the stone after 1 meter free fall. The corner was touching the ground first, resulting in what you see in the attached images. Terrible. I was so stupid.
Anyhow. 'luckily' the cover glass broke only, everything else works perfectly fine, no problem with the LCD (even the touchscreen is perfect)

It seems that the local Samsung dealership asks crazy amount of money for the fix: the unit was ~480$ here, they offered a repair for 300$, because they'd replace the complete LCD as well. How stupid.

I've found touchscreen replacement (top glass, touchscreen electronics) on ebay much cheaper.
White LCD Touch Screen Tools for Samsung N5100 Galaxy Note 8 0 3G Ver UQLT553 | eBay

But I am not sure if this replacement is equally good as the factory one. Anyone have such experience? Or Advise?
I'd greatly appreciate it.

And one last: if you don't have a case, buy one as soon as possible. I was really reckless not buying one :(

IMG_9909.JPG

IMG_9911.JPG

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That is painful to look at. Whether or not you decide to try to fix the screen or replace the unit please consider keeping it in a case, in the future. It offers protection and electronics are not cheap for a lot of people. Are you in the US? I ask because I had a Note 8.0 and still have the leather case and bluetooth keyboard. I'd be happy to send it to you at my cost as long as that doesn't exceed $10. ...just painful to see that poor tablet like that. ...just hurts.

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Haalcyon, thank you for your generous offer. I live in Europe, and my first step after the repair will be buying a case. But thanks, really!
Never thought that this will happen to me, as I am very careful with my stuffs, and I've learned how to take care of expensive items like dslr camera and lenses. I don't understand how I did this. On the other hand, I was a bit surprised that this broke that easily. When I dropped it at first I thought 'okay, no problem its a massive device'. But then I realized that the cover is glass. Lessons learned :(

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty