What do you think of this Note 8 concept?

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I like previous one better. Plus they forgot Coral Blue.

Edit: time for some real leaks. August is in 3 months:cool:

Last edited:

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a button in the bottom right side. I wonder if that is for the camera or something else. It would be nice if it had a fingerprint sensor built into it if they are not able to embed it into the display.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a button in the bottom right side. I wonder if that is for the camera or something else. It would be nice if it had a fingerprint sensor built into it if they are not able to embed it into the display.

Yeah, that's an odd place for a button - I wonder if it has something to do with the S-Pen? It's right next to the silo... ???

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Where do I pre-order? Hopefully 6.4inch 4HD or a Note 7 on steroids please.
Ditch Bixby + button.
Ditch button near s pen. That's lame!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I want to know what that button is too!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That button looks like it would be for a dedicated camera shutter button.
That makes total sense, maybe click it once to open the camera then click again for capturing. The only issue I see is the way I got my phone sometimes, my right palm (just below my fingers) pushes against where that button would be.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That makes total sense, maybe click it once to open the camera then click again for capturing. The only issue I see is the way I got my phone sometimes, my right palm (just below my fingers) pushes against where that button would be.

I hold my phone that way, in my right palm as I scroll through, so I don't think they'll be a button there. This looks nice tough.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Love seeing all these potential designs. The camera orientation is a little to coincidental to Apple's rumoured design. Maybe they are doing a joint operation to bring customers even better camera technology?

The button on the side could be a fingerprint scanner. It has been done before on some Sony devices so it's not unheard of. It's a fairly convenient location. Definitely better than the current one. Makes me think the whole embedded scanner is a little harder than anticipated.

Hopefully we do get it down the road. 😃

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just read that the button on the right button may be the camera button, orrrr could be the pen eject. That would make sense if the pen is the pen with the speaker....

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Makes me think the whole embedded scanner is a little harder than anticipated.

Synaptics issued a press release at the end of March stating that the tech was done and would be in mass production Q3 2017...which is coincidentally when the Note 8 would be released.