Perfect screen protector for the curved edge.

Ahkamvj

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I’ve been using tempered glasses all these years. And for Note 9 too I was thinking on the same lines. But then thought of giving screen protectors a try this time around. Tempered glasses usually tend to leave a gap around the curved edges. And price ranges from 25$ - 30$ (excluding shipping charges).

Considering all this, I gave TGPs a miss and chose a GadgetShieldz wet application protector, something which was available for just around 9$. The edges were covered smoothly and the fit was impressive (hardly visible). Seems the material uses some technology that can heal the scratches that occur over the protector.

It has been only a few days but started wondering if wet screen protectors are a better choice for curved screens as they they don't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the phone and are totally invisible. Are there any other screen protectors that are precision made for Note 9? Do share your thoughts…

IMG_20180829_173842.jpg IMG_20180829_173921.jpg
IMG_20180829_180911.jpg IMG_20180829_181259.jpg

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Give it a few more days, the edges will start peeling up. Spent over $50 on different wet apply screen protectors and none stayed in place for long. Decided to give up on screen protectors, got the caseology glass one for free so I'm rocking that now and it's not too bad. Still completely satisfied though.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have a otao screen protector that's like the Whitestone, but without the tray. Haven't t put it on yet since my caseology one is still doing fine. It's less than half the price of Whitestone and it comes with 2, but the installation is more than I want to deal with right now.

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Whitestone tempered glass protector. The installation has many steps but if you follow them it goes on flawlessly. It covers the curves nicely and has a nice smooth feel. Im sure will protect as well as any other tempered glass protector, I still like the unprotected glass better, but I think t hat this is the best alternative

Ahkamvj

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Give it a few more days, the edges will start peeling up. Spent over $50 on different wet apply screen protectors and none stayed in place for long. Decided to give up on screen protectors, got the caseology glass one for free so I'm rocking that now and it's not too bad. Still completely satisfied though.

Purchased it only after going through some positive reviews, so I hope this one will not go wrong. Also, they had a protector for the back which none of the tempered glass provides. Since the mobile has a glass back I didn't want to take a chance. It has just been a week and now no peeling effect so far, will let you know if there is any.

JnCaprio

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been using tempered glasses all these years. And for Note 9 too I was thinking on the same lines. But then thought of giving screen protectors a try this time around. Tempered glasses usually tend to leave a gap around the curved edges. And price ranges from 25$ - 30$ (excluding shipping charges).

Considering all this, I gave TGPs a miss and chose a GadgetShieldz wet application protector, something which was available for just around 9$. The edges were covered smoothly and the fit was impressive (hardly visible). Seems the material uses some technology that can heal the scratches that occur over the protector.

It has been only a few days but started wondering if wet screen protectors are a better choice for curved screens as they they don't interfere with the touch sensitivity of the phone and are totally invisible. Are there any other screen protectors that are precision made for Note 9? Do share your thoughts…

View attachment 289368 View attachment 289369
View attachment 289370 View attachment 289371

Ordered one from GadgetShieldz. Hope it will be good.

bleedingwickedly

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
I am using the amFilm Glass Protector, ordered off of Amazon. Used the same brand for my Nintendo Switch and S8+. I was actually surprised at how easy it went on the Note 9. Been using it for a week now. And have tried it with multiple cases.

As with all screen protectors, you should always take your time and have a flat clean surface for the install.

meesagandu

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site

Have you tried any case?? If yes, does the screen peel off at the edges while using a case?

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am tried of tempered glasses..have already broken 5 of them ...full clue types...costing each around 7$ each...I am thinking of going naked with out tempered glass...my note 8 I used without any screen protection and no issue and zero scratches...Any of u using your Note 9 without screen protection

Last edited:

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I am tried of tempered glasses..have already broken 5 of them ...full clue types...costing each around 7$ each...I am thinking of going naked with out tempered glass...my note 8 I used without any screen protection and no issue and zero scratches...Any of u using your Note 9 without screen protection
Which ones did you have?

Ahkamvj

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site

At least having a case for drop protection?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress