Question Screen Protectors - Oh the Horror !

Jimmy Recard

Aug 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello

Have you got any tips on how to avoid disasters when applying Screen Protectors?

No matter how hard I try - I always seem to get inundated with infinitely tiny, invisible bits of fluff that stick to the tacky side of the protector as soon as I peel off the plastic (I don't even put it down once) ?

I apply them when it is late, when there has been no Air Conditioning on; or windows/doors opened for hours, no one else around...

I wait until the Air Conditioning has been off for hours, and all windows/doors closed too... and apply them when no one else is around...

I even wipe down the still sealed screen protector itself - with the cleaning wipes !

And yet, it doesn't seem to help ?

While I am looking for general advice re screen protectors... specifically, I will be putting 3x of these on our family phones:

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR AlignMaster] designed for Galaxy A33 5G screen protectors

If you aren't familiar with the above; they have a special alignment kit... any tips on those too? I've only tried their protectors for the tablets so far, and that was far from bulletproof (ended up a little wonky).

Any tips on what to do, and what not to do - for a seamless experience?

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have one, try setting up an air purifier right where you're doing the screen protector installation -- hopefully the air intake will get rid of any dust right in the area. It might be even better if the purifier has an ionization feature you can turn on -- that might attract dust even better.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know what air conditioning is - I’m British - but I don’t like the sound of it. My own method is to prepare a kitchen surface near a window in daylight. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth, and work on that while still slightly damp. After cleaning the screen, I use a footpump for blasting dust away - there will always be a few specks. They are visible on the screen by the good light through the window. Preparation is the key to success, or rather, partial success, which is usually as good as it gets.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Nope. Small room / small kitchen or bathroom. Lots and lots of steam. I have a small kitchen and boiled a kettle, 2 full saucepans of water and anything else you can think of. Read about it, and it worked a treat on two phones bought within a month.
IbyWind on Amazon UK were great with all the extras for two included screens per phone and a plastic holder / guide that swings down from the top of the phone and you gently clamp on to align perfectly. Press from the centre out for any bubbles. Any remaining tiny bubbles near the sides will press out within a day or so. Use all the instructions too, but in a very steamy room. Well quite steamy for 10 minutes near where you are doing it is enough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter