Notifications on Lock Screen

Chasemartin88

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
So I've been trying to get notifications to shoe up on my lock screen but I can't figure it out. I've gone to Messages -> Settings -> Notifications and this is all that shows up (see screenshot)... does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-25-21-00-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-21-00-20.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 74

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So I've been trying to get notifications to shoe up on my lock screen but I can't figure it out. I've gone to Messages -> Settings -> Notifications and this is all that shows up (see screenshot)... does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

I do not use a lock screen, but it seems the notifications would be displayed on the Edge panel as opposed to the large screen.

I will check it out and let you know what I discover.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it out and it's true that the notification shows up on the Edge's panel.

Chasemartin88

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I just tried it out and it's true that the notification shows up on the Edge's panel.

Yeah but it doesn't stay there. For example, if I receive a text and 5 mins later I check my phone, it won't be there... versus normally if I receive a text and check my phone, it'll be sitting on my screen for me to read.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it doesn't stay there. For example, if I receive a text and 5 mins later I check my phone, it won't be there... versus normally if I receive a text and check my phone, it'll be sitting on my screen for me to read.

I can understand what you're wanting to do, but with the Note Edge you may need to consider adjusting the way you have customarily done some things.

In order to do a simple check for notifications, with the screen completely off, with the Note Edge, you would do a quick back and forth swipe with your index finger along the panel and all your notifications will scroll along the panel without turning on the full display.

You can set the panel off time anywhere from 15 sec. to 10 mins. I believe.

joganjani

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
You can set the panel off time anywhere from 15 sec. to 10 mins. I believe.

Where do you set this time? I love when you rub the edge like a magic lamp to summon genie, and you get the display on.

Nevermind! found it.

Last edited:

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Where do you set this time? I love when you rub the edge like a magic lamp to summon genie, and you get the display on.

Nevermind! found it.

Slide up on the arrow at the bottom on the Edge panel and select the settings wheel. Then select Information Stream. From there you will see an option at the top that says "Screen timeout." You can set it between 15 sec - 10 mins. This will allow the edge panel to stay on based on our preference once we do the magic lamp rub.

D12hav79

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Slide up on the arrow at the bottom on the Edge panel and select the settings wheel. Then select Information Stream. From there you will see an option at the top that says "Screen timeout." You can set it between 15 sec - 10 mins. This will allow the edge panel to stay on based on our preference once we do the magic lamp rub.

How do you change the orientation of the text on the edge panel?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
D12hav79, I am not aware of how you would change the text orientation. Most text will rotate when you lay the phone down, but it's been my experience that it doesn't seem to work as flawlessly as I would prefer.