I have a couple camera questions....

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
One, is the shutter sound disabled on this device? At least on the verizon one? I don't know why this is an issue but either Samsung or Verizon keeps going back and forth about whether or not we're allowed to adjust this. I guess they're scared we're going to take pervy pics with their phones. The button is there but doesn't seem to be functional. As in you can't turn the shutter sound off.

Also, regarding camera modes? Are there really only two? Auto and Panorama? My Note 3 had a slew of them. Burst shots, etc etc etc... Am I missing something?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
One, is the shutter sound disabled on this device? At least on the verizon one? I don't know why this is an issue but either Samsung or Verizon keeps going back and forth about whether or not we're allowed to adjust this.
In some places, taking a picture without the noise is illegal, so neither one of them can give you a generally correct answer - there is no answer that's correct all over.

I guess they're scared we're going to take pervy pics with their phones. The button is there but doesn't seem to be functional. As in you can't turn the shutter sound off.
Research it. If it's legal where you are, there are apps that can do it.

Also, regarding camera modes? Are there really only two? Auto and Panorama?
On that app.

My Note 3 had a slew of them. Burst shots, etc etc etc... Am I missing something?
The app you had on your Note 3. The modes are in the app, not in the camera (mostly - an app can't make a camera do something it doesn't have the hardware to do, but an app can lack a function the hardware is capable of. So why wouldn't the app have all the functions the camera is capable of? Because software costs money to write, and good software costs lots of money to write.)

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Shutter sound...

Camera, settings gear, the click the three dots. Then shutter sound toggle.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-18-21-28-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-18-21-28-09.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 39

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Click the "mode" button.

You can manage which modes are displayed and download more.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-18-21-30-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-18-21-30-46.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 39

deputydog95

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
It's strange. At one point I only had two camera modes. However, now I have 8 or 9. Bizarre. I didn't do anything and the phone wasn't updated.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello

Are there any Must Do setting for the Camera for clicking better Pics :)

Still have Issue
Camera struggles to focus :(
this is my 2nd Note Edge

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress