How do I get my Note Edge out of a boot loop when trying to go back to Android 4.4.4 using Odin?

n00b2

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and I upgraded to Android 5.0.1 using Odin a little while ago. I don't really like lollipop though atm. It seems to drain battery much faster and keeps randomly closing apps when I am using them. So I went back to Odin to reflash the old Android 4.4.4 firmware however when I tried that I got stuck in a boot loop. Firmware would install, successfully but then it would get to the Samsung logo and hang there for a while before rebooting and doing the same thing again. I tried 3 different versions of the 4.4.4 firmware (stock and branded) and tried re downloading the firmwares off Sammobile. Same result. I went back and reflashed the Android 5.0.1 firmware and that loaded fine again and all my settings were still fine. I can put up with Android lollipop if I have to but if I could go back to kitkat it would be better. Does anyone know why kitkat firmware keeps getting into a boot loop? Am I using the wrong version of Odin or something? I was using Odin 3.09.

Thanks

xemtor

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello
1/ Boot in to recovery (when phone is off press Home + Volume up + Power)
2/ choose "wipe data/factory reset" with volume buttons and hit power button to do the wipe, wait until done
3/ choose "wipe cache partition" with volume buttons and hit power button to wipe, wait until finished
4/ choose reboot system now with volume buttons and hit power to reboot
You should be good to go. I had the same exact issue and this did solve the problem for me.
Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non