How can I get my Android Device manager working?

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Android Device manager

This feature is not working for me on my Note Edge running 5.0.1, but has on all of my previous phones. I have downloaded the app for it too from the Play Store. The phone app is working ok but I still do not see the phone being located on the web. Is this a common issue for you all?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Device manager

This feature is not working for me on my Note Edge running 5.0.1, but has on all of my previous phones. I have downloaded the app for it too from the Play Store. The phone app is working ok but I still do not see the phone being located on the web. Is this a common issue for you all?
Do you have any apps that would be restricting the locating feature on the device? Any battery saving apps, including the devices built in battery saver mode, will interfere with location and cause the device to not be found online.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I activated the Lookout Security on my T-Mobile Edge and that feature of it works like a charm. Case solved. Otherwise Google's Android Device manager cannot find my phone, no way in heck. I know Lookout is a memory hog but at least I have peace of mind. Thank you.

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I reset my phone and Android Device manager now is working like a charm. Hmm. I deactivated the Lookout so it does not drain the Edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty