Refurbished from Samsung?

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've been drooling over the note pro for over a month and came across a factory refurbished on groupon for 499.99 USD. Amazon is currently 649.99USD for a brand new 32gig model.

- Are Samsung's refurbished products usually quality devices?
- Is the reduction in warranty length ( 1 year to 90 days) a real concern?
- Has anyone seen a better price ( College kids love cheap things)?
- Bad experiences with devices from Groupon?

Thanks,

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
If you are near a Costco warehouse, they have the 32gb for around $550-575 and that includes a case. That is new not refurbished. You can find them on their website as well. I am surprised and would be concerned with the 90 day warranty on a refurbished device. For example Apple doesn't reduce the warranty on their refurbished devices. Seems strange that Samsung would do that.

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!

How recent are those prices? I don't have a membership, but a Costco is an hour away and the membership fee would still have me under best buy and amazon retail.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth, my first two note 3s were new and had a faulty sensor. My third note 3 is a refurbished device and has been flawless for mouths. Just food for thought. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I was just there this past friday. Go online to costco.com. They are listed there so you order from there if you are a member and I think you can join as well on the website. Would save you time and some money maybe. I think the price is go until close to the end of the month but am not sure. Also Costco is has a real liberal return policy, better than most places. Think it is 90 day return/replace from Costco itself. Plus you have the regular samsung warranty. I have always found costco like Sam's club if you are near one of them to be a good place to get stuff. Usually stuff is package so you get some bonus things, like the tablet you get the case with it.

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The 32GB is $649 with $130 off which makes it $519. The 64GB is $849 with $150 off which makes it $699. The prices are good until the 28th or while supplies last. These are wi fi. They have another 32GB is is more but the specs appear to be the same so not sure what is going on with that.
You can join online.

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
No problem and you are welcome. I ended up with the 64 because I like more space on the device itself and I figure the extra money is worth it in the long run considering how much space the OS, updates and the programs you put on that won't move to sd card.

You might want to look at the app called Lecture notes for your school work. I like it better than just the s notes. There is another one that works good too but I don't remember what it is called. There was a discussion on note apps which I think I found it.

Can't wait to hear which one you ended up with and how you like it! Enjoy your new toy when you get it!

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
After running all of the numbers it doesn't look like its cheaper if i buy the membership. Thanks for all the help though. I just caved and bought one from amazon from a seller.

Last edited:

onewac

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey at least you are getting one!! It doesn't matter too much where you get. I have done well through Amazon although I have heard some negatives with some of the sellers. You will know when you get your new toy, register and play with it. Enjoy and have a great summer playing with it!