Home screen - power on problem

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It should not go to the home screen, it should go to the lock/security screen... what are you getting when you power up?

Also, are you talking about booting up from a power off state, or waking it up from sleep mode?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I probably mean the Lock/security screen. Although I don't have it locked. So it's the generic screen it used to go to when powering up from power off state. The one with the weather app and some app logos. The screen you get when in an app and you hit the middle button. (I call it my home screen) I must have changed a setting somewhere. It's going to the 3rd screen on power up only. It's being charged now so I can't post a photo yet.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you pull down the notification shade, click the gear icon to go to settings, tap on device at the top and then tap Lock Screen on the left under Personalization what do you see on the right?

If lock screen is set to none then you have it disabled. Experiment with those settings.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that didnt help. Reading post 3 again you are correct that you are in fact referring to your home screen since you're referring to the screen that the tablet returns to when pressing Home.

Everyone customizes their home screens differently so I'm not sure what particular page you are expecting to get but assuming you're completely stock (not using a custom launcher) try this:

Press the Home button and then once you're at the home screen use two fingers to pinch in the middle of the screen. This will zoom you out and present you with the pages of home screen that you have. Is the page that you're looking for visible? If so, tap the little house icon at the top of that home screen to make it default. Then press the Home button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco24