Why did you choose the 12.2?

lillygirl7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I'm trying to decide which tablet I want. It's between the note 10.1 (2014)and the 12.2.
I would love for you to tell me why you decided on the 12.2 over the 10.1. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Size. I use it for handwritten note taking at business meetings. Also love it for media consumption and web browsing.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Size. This morning I'm viewing PDF pages in portrait mode while working on laptop. Allows easy reference without having to print pages.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Size, S-pen, and multiple applications at once. The last has let me down a little because I'm not willing to root until the warranty has expired, but I'm being patient.

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Like so many others, it was size.

I was actually between the new Galaxy Tab S 10.5, and the NP 12.2. I wanted the note for the S-Pen, as I already have a Note 3, and a 7" Kindle Fire HD, and know I use the Pen function. I just recently got mine, and love it. I picked up a Shark Bluetooth keyboard and case, and love it. It is just the right size for me. A big enough jump that I enjoy the extra space, and will be handy for business note taking, or client presentations. I know the 10 inch can be more portable, but this really isn't any larger than a legal tablet, and so, I don't hesitate to carry it with me.

lillygirl7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally had a chance to get a hands on look at the 12.2 v 10.1. I think it's an easy choice for me. There is just not a big enough difference in size between my galaxy note 3 and the 10.1 to justify the purchase. I am definitely in the market for the 12.2.

lmb02

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Size of the screen, and figured 3gb of RAM would make it fly. I like opening an email, seeing a link in it, click on it, the screen splits and I have the page up and in a readable size.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I saw it as a laptop replacement because of the screen size, the light weight, the thiness, and the best ms office clone --hancom that comes free.i actually sold my macbook air. I use hancom word in conjunction with my mac desktop. I also have the note 10.1 2014 on which hancom works perfectly.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I choose it for the size for writing notes, the amazing screen for watching media, and as a laptop replacement. The last didn't work out as Android doesn't handle the software necessary for me to connect to encrypted databases that I use in my work. In addition, most of my technical and business documents are created from macro enabled templates which don't work in hancom, however, I find that to some extent macro enabled templates are usable in WPS Office by Kingsoft. Using it as a note pad while working on my laptop is also a great feature.

lillygirl7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Size of the screen, and figured 3gb of RAM would make it fly. I like opening an email, seeing a link in it, click on it, the screen splits and I have the page up and in a readable size.
The fact that the 12.2 has 3gb is something I didn't even know. I thought both the 10.1 and 12.2 had the 3gb ram. I guess I just assumed that. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

lillygirl7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Went back to best buy again to look at the tablets. I really kept going back to the 12.2. I started saving up and maybe I will get some bday money to put towards it too. Where do you think the best place is to buy?
I saw the Logitech keyboard case and the samsung keyboard. The Logitech was on sale for $49.99 and looked and felt nice. Seems like a good deal. Not sure how often I would use the keyboard. Do most of you have a keyboard?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Went back to best buy again to look at the tablets. I really kept going back to the 12.2. I started saving up and maybe I will get some bday money to put towards it too. Where do you think the best place is to buy?
I saw the Logitech keyboard case and the samsung keyboard. The Logitech was on sale for $49.99 and looked and felt nice. Seems like a good deal. Not sure how often I would use the keyboard. Do most of you have a keyboard?

I got mine as a laptop replacement, I got the MoKo keyboard case and a generic BT mouse and the work well, I use the keyboard about a quarter of the time, maybe less, but I definitely use it.

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just search around online. I used Amazon, since I use Prime shipping, and was buying a few other things.

I personally love having a keyboard, and use it more than I planned. I went with the Sharkk keyboard that in on Amazon. I wanted to have a more traditional book style case, to stand it up on a table, or in my lap, or turn it vertical when reading magazines. I carry the keyboard with me when I want to, but leave it at home, when the tablet it just for entertainment, or little stuff, and not working from it.

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a keyboard, just the note 12.2 as it sits in my lap. I love sitting in my Recliner with the note watching Netflix or Hulu, VUDU works great also. I use mine for everything I do, if I have a game on TV I'll use the 12.2 and watch videos between plays. It's a fun toy for me now that I'm retired... I rarely use my laptops.
Lilly enjoy your 12.2, congrats if you got it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty