Best blue light blocking app or screen protector (glass or plastic)?

JasonMorales

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I recently received a Note Pro 12.2 and LOVE IT! I have recently seen articles linking blue light emission in electronic devices to reduction of melatonin in the brain. This has been linked to many health side effects as well as insomnia.

I would prefer to be able to block ALL wavelengths below 450nm (blue, violet, UV). An app would be best. That way I can selectively block <450nm at night. I realize blocking <450nm wavelengths will affect ALL screen colors.

In terms of a screen protector, there is this one from Illumishield on amazon
Unfortunately the high quality MIME screen protector everyone likes in this forum does not appear to offer UV/Blue light blocking.

Sorry I cannot post links since I have less than 10 total posts.
What are your thoughts?

Traylaw

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
You can reduce the blue content displayed in selected apps by using the "reading" mode. To setup reading mode you need to go into setting - device - display - reading mode - edit. Select the apps you want to have this effect on and then tick "done". You may only select up to 10 apps I believe. Next pull down the notification bar and select reading mode whenever you want the effect. While the mode does not completely suppress the higher frequencies it tones them down quite a bit.

Posted via the Android Central App

ioannisgk

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Twilight from Urbandroid Team and works great on my device but I dont know about Note Pro. Give it a try and share your experience.