Decrease blue light on the OLED screen

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I recently got an Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and I quite like it. I can watch TV shows in the dark without getting eye strain, and it produces a really nice image. However, if I want to watch a video at night, it is generally agreed that I should have some kind of blue light filter to decrease the amount of blue light on the screen. However, the apps I have tried from the playstore turn black red, meaning that they are not just decreasing blue light, but increasing red light, which is not an effect I want.

Is there a good app which just decreases blue without increasing red? I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything stronger than reading mode.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but the S2 should have Night Mode or Blue Light Filter built in... Should be in the Display Settings. I know the S3 and S4 have it, and I THINK the S2 got an update to at least get it to that point... although I might be mistaken.

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I haven't seen it, but that could be because I am not that good at looking through the android settings. If you could direct me to where in the settings I should look, that would be great. I did find a list of display modes, but none of them were night mode.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, don't have a Tab S2 to test, but on the devices I have (all Samsung), the Blue Light Filter option is in the Display settings section of your device.

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Oh, then we are talking about the same menu. Unfortunately, my tablet only has the following options under "Screen Mode":

Adaptive Display
AMOLED cinema
AMOLED photo
Basic
Reading Mode

While reading mode does decrease red light a little, it would be nice to have a stronger option that is adjustable. My tablet is up to date on updates.

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
If you go into the Settings search and try to search for the word 'BLUE', does anything come up?

Only Bluetooth stuff.

The Tab S2 doesn't have a night mode feature like the Tab S3 or S4. The closest thing is reading mode.

That's a shame. Do you (or anyone else) know of an app that can do it that doesn't add red? Because I tried a few apps and they made black areas glow red, which was undesirable.

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
Last edited:

Zarquan314

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I have tried multiple apps and they all exhibit this behavior of adding red and making black not black. The true blacks are why I got the tablet. I would rather not download random apps endlessly (and I don't expect others to do so for me), but if anyone has a good app or solution that they know, I would like to try it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74