Why does my computer's internet slows down when I plug in my Note 12.2?

A

AC Question

Computer's Internet slows down when I plug in my Note 12.2

I've just received a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet. After draining it to around 27%, I plugged it into one of my Asus desktop's USB 3.0 ports using the original Samsung 21-Amp USB 3.0 charger. Immediately, the computer repeatedly played the 2-second ringtone indicating new hardware had been connected (usually this means a poor connection), and my Internet went out. I got it running again by running the built-in Windows troubleshooter, but it was still painfully slow.

I tried rebooting my computer, only to receive the "Could not reconnect all network drives" error. Before I could run the troubleshooter again, Windows successfully connected to my home network, and I tried my browser again. No improvement.

Checking my tablet, it definitely recognized that it was connected to computer.

I unplugged my tablet (it's still unplugged), and everything went back to normal. Any help appreciated.

SEwing0109

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Computer's Internet slows down when I plug in my Note 12.2

This is the original poster. That's 2 POINT 1 (2.1) Amps, not 21. :-[

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Computer's Internet slows down when I plug in my Note 12.2

You should not use an USB port on computer as the source to charge your Note Pro. It doesn't have enough power to charge your tablet. Second, your tablet draws more current than the computer's USB port can supply, I guess your Internet slow down due to voltage and current drop in main board's circuit which leads to the network adapter.
Galaxy Note Pro requires an adapter with output of 5.3 Volts, 2 Amps to charge properly.
computer.jpg
normal.jpg

Last edited: