Dash mount available?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Looked at a couple at Ebay but they seem to be too high up and appear to be in the window area blocking the view outside. Anyone here use a dash mount for this tablet?

I would like to use this tablet with a map app for traveling in a car.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only ones I've seen for a tablet this size are custom made. However, be careful where you mount this if you choose to modify a mount or make your own. It's too heavy for air vents/CD trays and most likely will block A LOT of your dashboard.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Spook, I know it's a tad heavy for mounting on a front window. That's why I mentioned 'Dash Mount'. But this device may be too heavy for that also. But I see videos of Ipads using a dash mount and they are heavy.

Beut, HUD looks promising and not too expensive at $30.00 US but does it work with 12.2 tablet? Also the vids don't show actual map info like google maps. I suspect that it also may not be legal in some states as it obstructs the vision to some extent.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
An iPad is not 12.2 inches :p I tried mounting my Tab S 10.5 once and it was BIG. Those extra couple inches do make a difference, especially if you want something that won't block your view or obstruct access to dash controls.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Head Up Display doesn't project map on your windshield because it'll block your view and it's illegal.
This is a HUD in Toyota

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNxSMR4_FU

I am not a fan of using phone or tablet as GPS. Once I used Iphone as GPS, mounted on windshield, I gave up as it's overheated due to sunlight.
I once used a tablet 10.1 with Sygic map and its HUD app , it worked fine as seen in the third video at night, but in day time you may need a HUD film. The HUD app will only display arrow direction, distance, and your speed in reverse on the screen of your tablet which reflection on the windshield will be in normal orientation. So the Note Pro will have a larger display on the windshield when it sits on top of the dash board of your car.

If you are using Google map, try this one
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.RITLLC.HUDWAY&hl=en&token=gdSM4Ova

Last edited: