Opinions: Broken Seal On "New" Galaxy Note

Beethoven9th

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I just received a brand new Galaxy Note this morning from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. I have a quick question though. I'm kinda picky about getting factory sealed devices, and this was supposedly a new Note. But when I opened the UPS package and took out the box, there were seals on the top and bottom. Everything looked OK, but upon further inspection the top seal had actually been broken (and the box opened, I assume), and then a second seal was placed over the broken first one to give the appearance of a factory sealed device.

I called the seller, and he claimed that the distributor whom he got the Note from opened the box for whatever reason (I'm still unclear as to why) and then resealed it with a second sticker placed over the first. Personally, I've never heard of this being done to a factory sealed device, but then again, what do I know?

The Note does appear new, but the guy's story just seemed kinda weird to me. Does his explanation hold water with you guys?

Thanks in advance, and take care.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine from Handtec in UK. Had to RMA the first so I received two and seals were cut on both. This is probably part of the normal inspection for international shipments coming into US. Did you ever watch that border patrol show?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
was the battery still in its package and sealed? Was thinking of ordering one today from Amazon (Global Mobiles). They say they can get it here by tomorrow if I order in the next 5 hours!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery was in the typical plastic bag folded over with a little sticky glue. Niether that I received showed any sign of having been turned on. Though the first one (that speaker died) didn't have the back on right. So not sure if it came that way from factory, they inspect thay close, or dropped it during inspection.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Got my note yesterday from Global Mobiles (fulfilled by Amazon). It arrived with the box to the phone sealed on top and Bottom. The default language was German.

Attackcenter

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Planoman:

I am looking at purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note White also from Global Mobiles/Amazon. The phone that you recieved:

1. Your phone is a factory unlocked Germany version of the phone?

2. When you remove the battery what country does it say that your phone is made in?

Thanks,

AC

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Planoman:

I am looking at purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note White also from Global Mobiles/Amazon. The phone that you recieved:

1. Your phone is a factory unlocked Germany version of the phone?

2. When you remove the battery what country does it say that your phone is made in?

Thanks,

AC

1. Yes it is the unlocked version of the German phone. CSC is DBT

2. Made in Korea by Samsung

3. You will love it!

Reactions: Attackcenter

Projectrally

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Did it come with a US charger? I ordered mine from Amazon and had the same issue. I was nervous when I saw the box, but after opening it I saw that everything was still wrapped up from the factory. Then I realized that I had a US charger block in the package, which is different from the German charger that SHOULD have been in the box. So somewhere before it got to me somebody opened the box and gave me the correct US charger. Once I realized that was the case, I calmed down.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did it come with a US charger? I ordered mine from Amazon and had the same issue. I was nervous when I saw the box, but after opening it I saw that everything was still wrapped up from the factory. Then I realized that I had a US charger block in the package, which is different from the German charger that SHOULD have been in the box. So somewhere before it got to me somebody opened the box and gave me the correct US charger. Once I realized that was the case, I calmed down.

Mine came with the OEM German charger in the actual Galaxy Note box, which was sealed. The overbox which had the Galaxy Note Box inside of it has an adapter for US plus. I have not even taken it out since I have like 6 OEM Samsung chargers. I am paranoid and only use OEM chargers and micro USB plugs on my phones. Amazon sell them for like 3.50 a set.

anon(123479)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I just received a brand new Galaxy Note this morning from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. I have a quick question though. I'm kinda picky about getting factory sealed devices, and this was supposedly a new Note. But when I opened the UPS package and took out the box, there were seals on the top and bottom. Everything looked OK, but upon further inspection the top seal had actually been broken (and the box opened, I assume), and then a second seal was placed over the broken first one to give the appearance of a factory sealed device.

I called the seller, and he claimed that the distributor whom he got the Note from opened the box for whatever reason (I'm still unclear as to why) and then resealed it with a second sticker placed over the first. Personally, I've never heard of this being done to a factory sealed device, but then again, what do I know?

The Note does appear new, but the guy's story just seemed kinda weird to me. Does his explanation hold water with you guys?

Thanks in advance, and take care.

I always order my phones from MobileCityOnline, and the box is sealed, but when you open it, there is a card inside stating that the product has been opened just to verify that the product works perfectly before it is shipped to the customer. All of the plastic protectors are still in place. I'm kinda glad they do it cause I would hate to have my new phone in my hands and it not work. I'm just as picky as you are.

bobvanjr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just sent one back because it was opened and I thought it was a bit shady. It did look new but I was worried it was a refurb or something. You'd think that if they opened it for a legit reason they would state that somewhere.